Canon Canonet GIII QL17

SEANO

Sep 16, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Sold them all.
Canon Canonet GIII QL17.

You can see where I picked it up on my way home today and the $.
Did a quick FeeBay check and figured I could make some $.

Get home and take a look at some listings and the first one mentions a serial number “A62391” So I look at mine and was like wow, thats interesting. Checked some other listings and they were all large s/n’s.
Probably doesn’t mean much, but having a “D00026” may be worth mentioning when I list it ...or not?

Attachments

• IMG_8297.JPG
    IMG_8297.JPG
    367.6 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_8298.JPG
    IMG_8298.JPG
    360.1 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_8299.JPG
    IMG_8299.JPG
    577.8 KB · Views: 174

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_outstanding.gif
Nice find. I would list the s/n - you might find a collector excited to get one in that range. Good Luck.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
tn_outstanding.gif
Nice find. I would list the s/n - you might find a collector excited to get one in that range. Good Luck.

I agree as many collectors really want low serial numbered items! Just make sure to take off the Goodwill price tag before taking pics to list it or you will be :sad10: !!

Frank

KirkS

Jan 10, 2017
St Pete FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro Sand Shark, White's TreasurePro, Tesoro Compadre, Fisher F2 + TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm a camera guy. More specifically, a Canon camera guy. I even worked for them in the '90's. I have about 30 (yes, thirty) QL17 GIII's. Canon (and many camera companies) had very strange serial numbering, and year of production codes.

Inside the camera back, where the film goes, there should be an alphanumeric number. This number is when it was manufactured. The serial number you have is probably the 26th unit of the 4th series (A=1, B=2, etc), so about the 400,026th camera of whatever year it was manufactured. They made a couple million of these cameras, but fortunately, it was a quality camera, and still retains value. Definitely include the serial number though. Someone may bite because of it.

FYI - There is a whole host of things to look for regarding this camera to ensure highest dollar returns.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread