Bookoffusa, has anyone sold to them?

Lost&Found

Jul 27, 2013
NYC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday, I met my son for lunch. He works near Rockefeller Center and after we ate he took me to a store that retails, used books, toys, dvds, electronics etc. The store was filled with many customers. Everywhere you looked there were signs listing the types of items they buy. As we were leaving the store there was someone selling shopping bags full of dvds. It occurred to me that other customers I've seen at TS and GS that buy large quantities of dvds, toys, books etc. could be flipping them at this store.

BOOKOFF USA - SELL - Sell products

Just wondering if anyone has experiences with this type of flip?

Last edited:

jason4kstate

Jun 23, 2007
I've sold to 1/2 Price books before. It sounds very similar to this. My experience has been very hit and miss. I used to buy books in bulk at the end of a garage sale and then flip the more expensive books online. The ratty, damaged, or undesirable books I took to 1/2 price. Generally I would get $5 a box although sometimes there was a surprise or two. They do not check every books/DVD price. If a book is old they will check online but generally they may give $1 for every good book and a .25 for every damaged/used book. I hope this helps!

MotherOfGeeks

Apr 26, 2016
Washington
Primary Interest:
Other
It does look alot like the 1/2 price books sales model with a fair amount of Gamestop thrown in. Reselling to these types of place are the last resort for me. They pay mere pennies on the dollars that I can make on a venue like Amazon and Ebay, but when items are selling for pennies they can save the closing costs and the aggravation of shipping.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread