Crazy day. Mind blowing.

Spartcom5

Feb 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good pictures! So what you have is an Elgin grade 478. Standard railroad grade movement. These are ALWAYS a good buy for less that $100. I typically can find them at pawns for less than $60 because they usually don't know but they should be an easy sale (I collect them though). Obviously if it was working it'd be more but take a look here elgin 478 | eBay these are all the same movement. I wouldn't expect anything less than $140, if it's perfect as in runs and the case and dial are good expect $160+.

Crazy a couple years ago pocket watches like this were like $250+ but the market is bad right now. So stock up and hope they go back up! I am actually starting to wear pocket watches myself. Very classy and elegant look, timeless IMO plus fun as heck to collect, sucks they're hidden in your pocket 90% of the time....

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here are the guts of the leCoture

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1487106547.900644.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1487106568.212767.jpg

DFW_THer

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2008
Coinslaughtersville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett Carrot Glued To A Stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't worry about upsetting anyone here. You run this sub-forum! Haha. What you're able to negotiate with a seller and the margin that you make is absolutely your prerogative, and every business since the beginning of time needs to buy for the least amount and sell for the maximum.

If I can buy gold for 90% under melt, I can't get my wallet out fast enough.

Do your thang!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread