Men's vs ladies watches

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This'll probably be my last post for a couple days because I have to get caught up I'm so far behind on my stuff. But I had to share:

I went to a yard sale and I asked this lady if she had any men's watches. Her daughter pipes up and says it's only a man's watch if you believe in a biblical marriage. But these days outside of the Bible any person can wear any watch you don't have to be sexist!!! (Rolls eyes)

" I said WTF? Are you serious? I'm not wearing a ladies watch on my arm. I didn't make the difference between watches this was something before sexism was even around that they had men's watches and women's watches. You really need to get a hold of yourself and chill out!!!"

A lot of people laughed at what I said. She got mad, I still spent $50 on a bunch of sterling silver there. But I was pretty surprised that she was that bold to say that to somebody she'd never met before that I was being sexist by asking for a man's watch. Anyone else ever experienced anything like this?

1treasurehunter1

Feb 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Garrett Sea Hunter MK2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like you encountered your first garage sale SJW. Ugh. These zombies are starting to pop up everywhere.

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wasn't aware watches were available in biblical times.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Technically, they were wrist-sundials. :laughing7:

...I wonder if there were different men's and women's sundials then?? :dontknow::tongue3:

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let it go and move on. Not worth the time....

captain flintlock

Jul 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]. I swear we could write a freakin book or a good sitcom with all the crap we hear!!

WhiteTornado

Jun 18, 2013
Baltimore/DC area
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola, Garrett Pro-pointer, Sampson T-handle Shovel, Lesche hand digger, Garrett and Gray Ghost Ultimate headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Should have told her you'd trade some decaf coffee for one of her watches :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions