First gold and silver of the year!

captain flintlock

Jul 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's a local church that hold a tag sale in the end of February every year and we've always done well at. Yesterday was no exception. Four items purchased with a total investment of $14! Here's a list of our plundered loot!

Stieff sterling bracelet-$6.00 (0.91ozt)

Sterling bracelet-$1.00. (0.55ozt)

Cheap costume jewelry Christmas pendant with a 14k thin chain- $3.00. (3.1g). This is a keeper for my wife.

Another cheap costume pendant with a larger 14k chain - $4.00. (14.0g). This is a keeper for me!! A really nice heavy gold chain!

Obviously the chains were not original to the pendants but they caught my eye as they were in individual baggies! I had decided to go back to the jewelry area and check one more time and that's when I found the gold! Must have just overlooked them the first time around. First tag sale of the year so it was good " medicine " for the withdrawal symptoms!! The outdoor season will be starting in a month or so, weather permitting. Happy hunting everyone ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1488137630.454436.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1488137641.860176.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1488137651.872656.jpg

Last edited:

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice stuff! One question, did you test the necklace, I've only seen that clasp on costume though. Hope I am wrong. Just wanted to throw it out there...

SCpicker

Jan 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. What a way to cure the winter blues. I'm with BK though...I've handled hundreds of gold necklaces and have only seen that style of clasp on costume jewelry. Strange but nothing surprises me anymore. Have you tested it? It could be 14k but the acid never lies.

OP
OP
captain flintlock

captain flintlock

Jul 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice stuff! One question, did you test the necklace, I've only seen that clasp on costume though. Hope I am wrong. Just wanted to throw it out there...

I put it through my typical battery of test. Magnet- pass, acid test- definitely passed with flying colors. The pics don't show the clasp in full detail but it's definitely a good quality clasp for a heavier chain. Someone just decided to put a couple of cheesy pendants on them probably not knowing that they were gold. Then donated them so that I could make a good score to start out the year.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread