Mary O. Chalan Nativity Set

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
Scored this nativity set by Cochiti Pueblo artist Mary O. Chalan at an estate sale Monday. It was in the garage jumbled together in a box that was stacked next to about 15 other nativity sets. One of the animals has a broken ear, Joseph is missing part of his hair, & there is some scattered paint loss on some of them. No idea what it may sell for so I listed it as an auction starting at $749.50.

10618.JPG 10621.JPG

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very unique. You may have trouble getting a high price for it due to condition though.

OP
OP
T

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
Very unique. You may have trouble getting a high price for it due to condition though.

Condition is always important. The paint loss is very minor & the animal with the broken ear could be trashed without hurting the set. The real drawback is the damage to Joseph's hair. If it wasn't a set I'm reasonably certain I could sell the good pieces for more than my opening bid. I'm not sure how much of a market there is for individual pieces of a set. I got a question about them yesterday so that's a positive. I'll list as BIN if the auction doesn't pan out.

OP
OP
T

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
Sold for the opening bid amount. Made it through the post office's automated shipping lines ok & the buyer is happy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread