Restore or part ways- Omega seamaster auto

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm able to get this restored at cost. Paid $100. Restoration which is a new face and crystal plus whatever else needs done. Like $200-250. It does run. But a stainless Steel version... would you have a restored or just sell it as is? I think selling it as is I can make 75 to $100 maybe profit...

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1488781370.233183.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1488781393.316751.jpg

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've only had like three wristwatches restored to resell and I really didn't come out with a whole lot more of a profit by doing that. I just sell as-is now. I can buff out those acrylic crystals and make em nice and smooth. Just doing that has made some of the watches I've have and had look a lot nicer. I think that surly added more value to buyers.

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unless you can do it yourself you almost always never get your money back. Sell as is and hold out for a keeper. They are out there.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, sounds like a good idea. Thank you for pointing in the right direction! Off to auction it will go

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you have an ultra sonic cleaner? My experience with watchbands is that they are dirtier than my daughter's sheep pen. Body oils attract lots of dust and skin dander. unless you can pull the movement you will need to pull the band and stretch it out so the k-rap can get out some older bands may require a couple of long treatments and then a long dry time.

Spartcom5

Feb 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Definitely agree with JimDon sell as is. But before you sell it make sure you grab the movement caliber. Will bring extra money in for sure if people know what movement they are getting.

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm really surprised as it looks like water damage. What did the movement look like or did you look at it?

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you have an ultra sonic cleaner? My experience with watchbands is that they are dirtier than my daughter's sheep pen. Body oils attract lots of dust and skin dander. unless you can pull the movement you will need to pull the band and stretch it out so the k-rap can get out some older bands may require a couple of long treatments and then a long dry time.
I hate those kind of bands. They grind on the inside of the lugs. I've had a couple wristwatches that must have had a band like that on for a while and the lug were pretty well eaten out on the insides. Anyways ways not much I can do being it was done long before I owned it.

Spartcom5

Feb 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I saw it sold for that I was somewhat amazed..... Hopefully you get payment, that'd be a VERY good deal for you lol.

The_Piratess

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2017
Ghost Ship
Detector(s) used
Whites Beach Hunter ID, so far...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Omega Seamaster watches are very expensive and highly sought after lucky you! It would have been very expensive to repair it before selling it especially because it would have to have been re-calibrated after the glass had been replaced for the correct pressurization as it is a diver's watch that can go very deep in the water. That would have been the most expensive part of the repair as only Omega does it and it would have had to have been shipped to them.

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It would have cost $300-$500 to repair so you did well.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I picked up another one today a deVille at a pawnshop for $200. Works, has the original band looks nice.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1491403674.705565.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1491403701.299132.jpg

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a nice watch. Although being a quartz watch, it's going to be less valuable so I think you paid about market price for it. There might be a little bit of room in there for profit.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread