Nerf Guns to look for

silverdollarbill

Aug 27, 2012
Dirty Jerz
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Learned something today and I figured I would share. Came across some nerf guns and the price was right so I bought them. I large one that was automatic with 20 darts was the one I figured it would be the "good one", but it was the uzi looking one that was the desired one.

Seems people modify these and there are certain models in high demand. When looking for these, look for the Rayven or Sryfe models. The green/yellow uzi looking one is the Rayven. Then other one pictured, no one really cares about.

IMG_20170401_151343.jpg
IMG_20170401_151815.jpg

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's my weekend. Made my day::

Quick story I got schooled by some kid today. Probably 12. I was looking at Nerf guns and he walked up and asked if he could have the one I had my hand because I was about to buy the whole box of them and I said sure and he bought another one. Well he paid $18 for his two and I ended up paying 35 for the box because he bought those two guns out of it. I hear him walking away saying dad I can get $150 for these two on eBay!!! So I stopped him and asked if he was serious, and he said yes. He's been finding stuff at yard sales and selling it on eBay and he has enough money to pay for his first semester at college as of right now. He wants to pay for his own college when the time he goes to school. And I told him good for you. I'd love the fact that he's getting out there finding stuff and reselling it!! His dad said he never has to give him money and he has about $12,000 in his savings account right now. I was impressed!!

I dumped out all the ammo and had him take all the rest for his Gun that shot the balls.

Needless to say, he got two good guns. One sold for $45 the other for $100. Lol.

OP
OP
S

silverdollarbill

Aug 27, 2012
Dirty Jerz
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's my weekend. Made my day::

Quick story I got schooled by some kid today. Probably 12. I was looking at Nerf guns and he walked up and asked if he could have the one I had my hand because I was about to buy the whole box of them and I said sure and he bought another one. Well he paid $18 for his two and I ended up paying 35 for the box because he bought those two guns out of it. I hear him walking away saying dad I can get $150 for these two on eBay!!! So I stopped him and asked if he was serious, and he said yes. He's been finding stuff at yard sales and selling it on eBay and he has enough money to pay for his first semester at college as of right now. He wants to pay for his own college when the time he goes to school. And I told him good for you. I'd love the fact that he's getting out there finding stuff and reselling it!! His dad said he never has to give him money and he has about $12,000 in his savings account right now. I was impressed!!

I dumped out all the ammo and had him take all the rest for his Gun that shot the balls.

Needless to say, he got two good guns. One sold for $45 the other for $100. Lol.

That's really cool. I've been trying to get my kids into this, but I don't think the understand / value money yet. My daughter wants a sell phone. I told he she can have one when she can buy the phone herself and pay the bill. I think this will eventually change her mind.

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is how I started as a kid. I used to go to yard sales in Rhode Island and had an antiques dealer that let me put things on consignment. Helped me make a little money after my Dad died.

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
My sister found a ring in an old coffee can in the yard of a house my parents rented when I was 10. Two years later my mother found out the ring was real and sold it for $1500! This was in 1982! I then found a 1942 Mercury dime in the dirt and took it to the same coin/jewelry shop and the guy explained mint errors and how valuable my coin would have been if it had been an error that year. I've been hooked on finding treasure in some form or another. My kids are "privileged" and don't have that same curiosity or desire. Great for that kid! Ran into a kid like that at a local auction. He had a tablet and was walking around examining each LOT and writing notes before it started. I wanted to shake his hand.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread