Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
somebody will buy it.
just bought a great programable one at ACE for under $30 and it was brand new.

I'm glad I didn't have a mouth full of coffee when I saw that price tag is all I can say.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw a used Honeywell thermostat at an estate sale, had to have been a late 80s, or early 90's model. $60. You can imagine how the other prices were - needless the say I left that place empty handed.
Me just being me, I would've stood there counting on my fingers and told them I'd give em $10 considering it'd cost me $25 to dispose of it if it doesn't work. It has a mercury switch in it & I can't just throw it in the trash (hazardous waste).:tongue3: Or "Where's the mercury warning stickers!!! (slight increase in volume) Jeesssseeess! I hope no inspectors come by! You're gonna get fined $1500 plus the penalty assessment fees!

What was said about people whining about prices etc. I saw a couple ladies doing that rather loudly. This guy turned around and said, "That was my mothers!" He turned around and winked at me. I kid you not! By the time I got back to the front of the house the two loudmouthed ladys were nowhere to be seen! :laughing7: Crossed paths with the guy again and he said one thing, "They gone?"

Like I say "Ya just gotta have fun with it.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a giggle! Craigslist has some funny descriptions! Landscaping materials = rocks dirt trash & misc trash. Fire wood get it while it lasts!!! = trimmed my trees and I have a pile of branches I don't want to pay to take to the dump. Storage containers! = all my old prescription bottles. There's a guy (kid you not!) that's had an ad up for several weeks for bricks take all or nothing. Not a single whole brick in the pile!

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a giggle! Craigslist has some funny descriptions! Landscaping materials = rocks dirt trash & misc trash. Fire wood get it while it lasts!!! = trimmed my trees and I have a pile of branches I don't want to pay to take to the dump. Storage containers! = all my old prescription bottles. There's a guy (kid you not!) that's had an ad up for several weeks for bricks take all or nothing. Not a single whole brick in the pile!
Most of the free section on CL is a joke. If there is anything good, you better have seen it in the first 5 minutes of it being posted or its gone.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread