Cutco Knives

trainmom

Tenderfoot
Aug 9, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I have stalked this page for a while......have found a few nice things, but nothing I thought I needed to share.....until last weekend. 2 Cutco Knives for $4 at a garage sale. I have a full set, but my son is engaged and his fiancé loves my knives, so I will be exchanging these w/ my rep to start a set for her. Oh the knives are listed on the Cutco site for $100 EACH :-) Score for the future mom in law!!:headbang::headbang:

Oh I do have something I will post in the $1 & under, but need to find the picture of it first :-)

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I have stalked this page for a while......have found a few nice things, but nothing I thought I needed to share.....until last weekend. 2 Cutco Knives for $4 at a garage sale. I have a full set, but my son is engaged and his fiancé loves my knives, so I will be exchanging these w/ my rep to start a set for her. Oh the knives are listed on the Cutco site for $100 EACH :-) Score for the future mom in law!!:headbang::headbang:

Oh I do have something I will post in the $1 & under, but need to find the picture of it first :-)

Welcome! I'm always on the look out for Cutco, but so far have only found the blocks. Someday though...

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. Cutco knives have eluded me to date.

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
Welcome! I'm always on the look out for Cutco, but so far have only found the blocks. Someday though...

I've made good money from the blocks. It's been a while but I sold one of the larger ones for around $175.

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive never found any Cutco knives, plenty of Wusthof but never any Cutcos.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I currently have 2 complete high end sets which are used in the kitchen.

Had a third set with misc mismatches that sold low in auction.

I may have 20 dollars into all of it.... but prolly more like 15.

I find them for .25 - .50 - $1.00 periodically.

Found a rare CASE steak knife in mint condition a few days ago... .10 cents.

OP
OP
T

trainmom

Tenderfoot
Aug 9, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone! I love my knives, I've had Cutco for over 25+ years, started out with the brown/black handles and about 10 years ago switched to the white. Have a great rep that replaced my dark handled ones and when he comes back around, he'll sharpen what he can for free & send out what he can't. I currently have a broken tip, so I'll have to have it sent out and replaced. I don't abuse mine, but the broken tip one, well, I kinda use it for cleaning the beater bar on my vacuum, it's a hooked one so it's great for getting my long hair & the golden retriever hair off it.......now if I can get future daughter in law to stop using her ceramic cutting board w/ my knives it'd be great:BangHead:

Tammyh17

Tenderfoot
Mar 13, 2017
Western WI
Detector(s) used
Some beginner cheap thing from Fleet Farm :(
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I buy on online auctions and often buy a lot for $2 that are drawers of kitchen utensils, my last one had 4 Cutco knives and two Cutco serving forks and a vintage Giesser German boning knife in the leather case. The knives i am sending in to be sharpened but figure I will get about $150-$200 at least for them all. There were also a bunch of other vintage utensils and steak knives that are worth a few bucks too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread