Miniature Gold Finds ~ Mystery Lapel Pins

SDIceMan

Nov 12, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been hoarding the microscopic pieces of gold that I find on occasion, and these two pieces have me stumped.

The first is a lapel pin or tie tack with a repeating triangle image. It is marked 10K on the back and came from an estate sale that had a lot of mining and heavy equipment related memorabilia, if that helps narrow it down at all.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1502474907.862613.jpg

The second piece is a lapel pin in a style I have encountered before on sorority or fraternity pins, where a tiny pin is connected to a slightly larger pin by a thin chain. The larger pin is in a hashtag or number sign, and the smaller pin looks like a number zero. At first I thought maybe it was a tic-tac-toe board, but I cannot see anywhere, even under close examination, where a letter X may have connected to the larger pin by a separate chain.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1502475201.515496.jpg

Well, like the title says, I'm stumped. Any help would be appreciated. I think they would draw more interest online if I had some idea what organizations they relate to.

Mods, feel free to move this post to the 'What is it?' thread if you feel that is more appropriate.

Thanks everybody.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread