Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been collecting watches for about 20 years, mostly pocket watches and anything related. It is like an addiction or disease!!!

A few months back I decided I was going to sell out, But!! As I was going through stuff? I relapsed and had to keep some stuff back before the sale. Glad I did!!! And I started looking for them again! It's like a drug! What can I say?

I don't normally post my finds and figured I'm going to start. And these aren't "garage sale" finds but close enough. And I never reveal my spots or even hint to them. I learned that lesson years ago! Along with what was paid. I will say they were cheap enough to restore and make a little, but I save Hampden RR's or odd balls!

I collect Hampdens,Deuber, Deuber-Hampdens and any earlier of those. Springfield,New york, etc...Along with Columbus and Ball Among others. I've had about every model over the years even a Hampden "prototype" somewhere in the mix. With the exception of the super rare and even had a few of those go threw my collection and hands. As life goes on, things had to be sold off. I'm starting over with a lot of it!

So, I was excited as could be when I found these two in one spot!!

The Silver is a whopping 6ozt coin silver case! A Newport too!!

Ok, I'll quit blabbing and post the pics...I just love this kind of stuff and can talk forever!!!

hampden 003.JPG

hampden 002.JPG

hampden 004.JPG

This is going into a NOS RR 2 tone case I've been saving. And no, it wasn't pieced together, and is a factory Dueber 2 tone case. Not sure if the pic shows The 2 tone well. Kind of scarce with matching numbers! So Watch out for those out there!
hampden 005.JPG

And the big 6oz Dueber Newport silver case!

hampden 007.JPG

hampden 008.JPG

The 23 jewel will get cleaned and put into the NOS 2 tone RR case above, and maybe a RR dial, not sure yet. The Silver one will get cleaned and restored, Within reason, there are a couple heavy scratches.

Last edited:

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gorgeous watches! You have an addiction but at least you have narrowed it down! Keep them coming.

captain flintlock

Jul 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If collecting is a drug, I am definitely an addict!! That's a great collection! I think it's a good thing to be passionate about something from the past.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a pretty watch and I can't say I've seen all that many RR grade Hampden's out there. Not sure I'd alter with a different dial and case myself, but then again you can always change it back. I've got an old 21J Vanguard that I'd like to improve with a better dial and case. I've seen some period case's and dials for it on eBay from time to time, but haven't yet bid to win any at this time.

OP
OP
Nitric

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a pretty watch and I can't say I've seen all that many RR grade Hampden's out there. Not sure I'd alter with a different dial and case myself, but then again you can always change it back. I've got an old 21J Vanguard that I'd like to improve with a better dial and case. I've seen some period case's and dials for it on eBay from time to time, but haven't yet bid to win any at this time.
You probably know this.....

The cases were sold separate. People went into the jewelry store and picked the movement and case they wanted. and they would match them together for the buyer. There are exceptions and all of that. :laughing7:

The sad thing is(for me), I had about 200 RR's of all companies, at one time and can't even tell you how many through the years. I sure wish I would have found a way to keep them! But when things tightened up the easiest things to sell went first!:BangHead:

On your watch......I may have the dial. I'm not sure what I have left. The case? I don't even have too many good GF cases left. And no gold cases anymore, unless one got slid somewhere and I forgot, but doubt it.

Post a pic of the dial, and I'll keep my eyes open.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Nitric

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gorgeous watches! You have an addiction but at least you have narrowed it down! Keep them coming.

Well? I try to talk myself into narrowed down!:laughing7: We'll see what happens!

I'm planning on trying to get back into this again. I had way too much fun in the past with this stuff.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Nitric

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just checked.....

To correct the above, That isn't a true Rail Road. It's just Rail Road grade. I should have looked that up before posting.

I made a mistake I didn't realize the 104's were never approved. So, I won't be changing anything on it. No sense in using good parts to build an incorrect watch!:icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread