Free gold from the dump!

captain flintlock

Jul 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We went to our local transfer station today and I spotted a small bag of miscellaneous jewelry on the table in the “take it, leave it” shed. Most of it was vintage costume pieces (earnings), except these two beauties. An older strand of real pearls and a nice little 10k gold pendant with real diamonds. Free!! My wife is going to take the pearls to her jeweler and see if they are worth restringing. I’m going to try to find out what the makers mark is on the pendant. ☠️ ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1519526582.383266.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1519526599.014787.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1519526610.083083.jpg

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now I have seen it all. People are throwing away gold. :icon_scratch:

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I worked at a city landfill for 12 1/2 years. I found lots of gold and silver jewelry. There were a few companies that cleaned out apartments and homes that were the best to search. A lot of times, people would die and their families would have these guys clean everything out of the house so they could sell the house. They would pick what they wanted and trash the rest. The best place to find jewelry was behind the drawers in dressers. Fortunately the guys never looked there.

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I worked at a city landfill for 12 1/2 years. I found lots of gold and silver jewelry. There were a few companies that cleaned out apartments and homes that were the best to search. A lot of times, people would die and their families would have these guys clean everything out of the house so they could sell the house. They would pick what they wanted and trash the rest. The best place to find jewelry was behind the drawers in dressers. Fortunately the guys never looked there.

When I clean houses out I spend time searching everywhere and always come up with something......Which reminds me of all the sandwhich bags of change I always found where they were burying stuff...Did you find lots of money down there running the dozer?

Last edited:

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I stepped out onto the tracks of my Cat 963 Loader to take a nature break and looked down and there was a $20 in the tracks. I found several smaller bills and lots of change over the years. I was almost doubling my salary every year from picking that I brought home. I would do $6,000 to $8,000 in scrap every year. I miss that job...... but not the SMELL!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome score! :occasion14:

The Urban Prospector

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Wherever I am.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado,
Garrett AT Pro,
Minelab Excal II,