Early garage sale find Vintage Heuer 844/3 Swiss Made Automtic

artslinger

Jul 19, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi friends, I responded to a garage sale ad that was posted today for Friday. I asked if they had any watches, and I received a response that they did. I went to see them, and this beautiful Heuer was in a box with others. It's a real beauty, and it works and runs, keeps excellent time. Please let me know your thoughts. As always, they are very much appreciated.

Heuer1.jpg Heuer2.jpg Heuer3.jpg Heuer4.jpg Heuer5.jpg

artslinger

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Incredible find. Especially in the Automatic version. Hold on to this one. It is a sleeper collectible and will only increase in value.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find. I'm not very good at finding many good treasurer's at yard sales, but I really don't do the seemingly necessary leg work as some of you I see are doing. I recall one wristwatch I bought by asking the lady if she had any was a Bulova like this one made in the 1950s. I bought it for $10. and I think I got $90.00 out of it. These days I'm keeping most watches I buy. I'm finding some of the early 70s era LCD geek watches are also worth buying now also. A couple of those I found have sold for more than $150.00 and one I recall went for over $200. I've even started keeping those now also.

Attachments

• bulova-23-jewel-6-adjustment-day-date-watch.jpg
    bulova-23-jewel-6-adjustment-day-date-watch.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 84

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find. I'm not very good at finding many good treasurer's at yard sales, but I really don't do the seemingly necessary leg work as some of you I see are doing. I recall one wristwatch I bought by asking the lady if she had any was a Bulova like this one made in the 1950s. I bought it for $10. and I think I got $90.00 out of it. These days I'm keeping most watches I buy. I'm finding some of the early 70s era LCD geek watches are also worth buying now also. A couple of those I found have sold for more than $150.00 and one I recall went for over $200. I've even started keeping those now also.

Killer Bulova!

jochart

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
love those older heuer watches, they are highly prized. no way i'd sell that one

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread