ColeBen

May 21, 2018
Philadelphia
Detector(s) used
Treasure Master.
Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So in my neighborhood they use an old closed off to cars but not people parking lot, they are only there Friday through Sunday. During the week sometimes I go and look throughout the parking lot.. last week I found two gold necklace and a bunch of junk. Today I found a diamond earring, a Fitbit, and some other earrings that maybe silver and one gold and a bunch more junk lol. I’ll gather my findings and post pics soon.

OP
OP
ColeBen

ColeBen

May 21, 2018
Philadelphia
Detector(s) used
Treasure Master.
Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I should add all of these finds are by sight only, I do have a detector but I try to locate what I can here without using up my batteries:o

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
get a magnet, if the chain is plated it will pull to the magnet

OP
OP
ColeBen

ColeBen

May 21, 2018
Philadelphia
Detector(s) used
Treasure Master.
Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tiredman yeah I do have a good magnet And it’s odd because the clasp end didn’t stick a little to it but on no other part of omen of the necklaces did it stick. i don’t know man.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
It's amazing what you will find just looking down. Ie. Found a gold neckless (surface find) in a public park A few years back. Good luck.

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tiredman yeah I do have a good magnet And it’s odd because the clasp end didn’t stick a little to it but on no other part of omen of the necklaces did it stick. i don’t know man.

The clasp normally sticks because there’s a steel spring in there for when you pull the opening back to close it. That’s why it sticks! The rest is gold then.

basssmann

Feb 9, 2013
YOUNGSVILLE, N.Y...... moved to Jacksonville, Flor
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
VIPER TRIDENT , Fisher F75 and just added a CTX 3030 Minelab and Minelab Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some times the clasp will stick to a magnet... it has a metal spring in it, which is natural... the little tongue on the clasp, that moves. usually has the K on it, if not on the clasp itself..

OP
OP
ColeBen

ColeBen

May 21, 2018
Philadelphia
Detector(s) used
Treasure Master.
Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks beachkid and basssmann! I never knew that, I definitely have some nice finds then just for looking on the ground after flea markets :icon_thumright:

randazzo1

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
New York, NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites (CM 5000, XLT, VX3) and Minelab (Svgn GT & Excal III & Equinox)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good eye! :occasion14:

Parking lots always prove to have lost items...just have to be looking! :icon_thumleft:

billjustbill

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab SN/XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've read and learned that the older Sterling jewelry had more Nickel metal in it which is magnetic. Old Sterling will "barely" be attracted to a strong magnet and the attraction is very weak. If your necklace is gold over silver, Vermeil jewelry, and it's over older Sterling Silver, the slight attraction that even less than the attraction of the spring closure, would be seen.

Your post made me smile! How you are doing with finds without your detector is what I've done, too. In fact, when an older elementary school was being remodeled and re-roofed, I met the job site foreman one afternoon when my battery pack went dead. I ended up getting almost a full pallet of (30) sacks of Cement the brick masons wouldn't come get, several solid core doors, electrical conduit, and an enclosed U-Haul trailer's worth of 6" thick, foil faced Owens-Corning fiberglass insulation for free. The high school also was re-roofing their campus and having trouble finding those big long commercial metal dumpsters. So, I rented another $35 a day U-Haul trailer and hauled home over 150 foam-laminated sheets of 1-1/2" thick, 4x8 ft. sheets of insulation. My workshop has 6" of foam and 6" of fiberglass insulation on the hot West side and cold North side that would cost over $700.00 at the Box Stores.

You'll keep finding all sorts of things, and meet people, by keeping up what you are doing!!

OP
OP
ColeBen

ColeBen

May 21, 2018
Philadelphia
Detector(s) used
Treasure Master.
Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bill thanks for the info with older sterling and gold plating over silver. That’s awesome about your finds without the detector. I always look and check out old doors in the trash because back in the depression and old days people didn’t trust banks and literally hid things in their doors, as well as many other places inside a house but you get the idea.
I’m always on the lookout for treasures, everywhere I am..my friends are sick and tired of me.
I need to find friends that detect or something of that nature. I’m always solo :sadsmiley: ???

Last edited:

Javadroid

Silver Member
Jul 6, 2017
Northwest Arkansas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your finds, and thanks for the search idea! For your spot, it might be worth getting the detector out to it, as many dropped items are likely stepped on by milling crowds looking at what's on display. Likely more than a few things just under the surface outta sight...

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's amazing what you will find just looking down. Ie. Found a gold neckless (surface find) in a public park A few years back. Good luck.
If the parking lot has chain kink fence, don't forget to walk it on the downwind end. Paper money blows away & people don't notice. Same for snow country! Check the fence lines & where the plows pile the snow. If possible walk the lots with the sun at your back, things reflect better & with fading eyesight us oldsters have everything helps. Can you get to where the trash cans are? Reason I ask is a seller I know always gets teased! He sells 5 or 10 items & comes home with a pickup truck bed full.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions