niffler

Mar 19, 2008
Coos Bay, Oregon
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, DFX, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Killer B Hornets, Stealth 720i scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to a bunch of sales this morning and found a few things, but my find of the day is this gilt silver watch chain with a built in winder. The lady (who had an attractive Australian accent BTW) had it with a bunch of costume jewelry on a tray marked as $1 each. I didn't see the tiny marks until I got home, but it felt heavy and looked old so I thought I would take a chance and buy it. Looked it over and turns out it is made by Louis Baudet in Paris , France, probably around 1900. Marked Baudet, with a donkey, and has the 2 head stamps indicating silver, all marks very tiny. Weighs exactly 34 grams. HH niffler chain3.jpg chain2.jpg

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is an awesome watch chain. Congrats

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice!:icon_thumleft:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a beautiful watch chain, congrats. Sale I went to this morning had a small box full of nice old gold rings and a necklace or two. That is until I asked how much. I got the dreaded reply of "oh dear that's not supposed to be out here. That's my mothers stuff from when she died." No problem I said, as I walked away empty handed and feeling full of despair. Ugh!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread