Out and about before the big game.

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
4 community yard sales in my area this weekend, starting at 8 o’clock about the same area and my daughter had Soccer at 12 o’clock. Left the house at seven! Took my oldest to hunt for treasures. She likes going with me for about three hours. And then her attitude kicks in and she gets bored. So this is some of what we found.

First was this racing compass for a boat. Brand new in the box for $10. They look like they sell for around $70-150 .

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1538884370.222508.jpg

Next was some junk geneva watches with a seiko. Paid $25 for all and kept the seiko on the right. Now I have twins with different eyes. Haha
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1538884463.557789.jpg

Another house had costume jewelry, Joan Rivers, like four pieces of that. They were $2. And also 4 sterling candle sticks for $15 total. He mentioned his wife had a watch she wanted to sell but she was at the sales so they would call me when She got back.
(Then they called) later on.

Another sale have this Art Nouveau little glass container. I guess its called. And a ship. I couldn’t believe this was sitting there at 10:30. I guess no one knew it was sterling silver. 65 g for a buck.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1538884642.295353.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1538884709.592216.jpg

Another house, a dollar there’s a box of fossils. And a pair of Gucci sunglasses for $.50. I’ll trade the fossils with a collector later this week.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1538884787.530425.jpg

Then the call back... ask if I can stop over there about 11: 15. Text my wife and tell her I love her but I’m probably going to be late!!
Bought a broken Lucian Piccard ladies 14 K diamond watch. Gonna scrap that. Then she asked if I buy gold Jewelry? Calmly said Ill take a look at whatever you have... 🤪 spent $1100. Now the one ring has a 1 ct diamond set in 18k with sapphire and diamond accents. But not 100% its a real stone. Its testing good on my cheap tester but Kay Jeweler said its White sapphire. And only for small stones are real.
My friends shop opens on monday so will find out for sure then. Its not in the right box!

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1538885021.388533.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1538885133.949041.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1538885328.978599.jpg

Also my daughters team won. 7-0. She took her first shot on goal but missed. It was fun! My oldest daughter had attitude until about the time we get home at 1:30! Felt good to get out for a couple hours since getting back from the hospital. 1st time really since June.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good to see you out and about Beach. The gold I found yesterday at a sale was promptly snatched up by the owner and brought back in the house. NSF. Ugh!

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's quite a successful treasure hunt. I've got one of those little filigree Spanish galleons. Somehow I never get around to selling it. Mine is not marked but I'm pretty sure it's gold washed alloy silver. That Deco ring is awesome.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds, glad you were able to get out and have some fun! :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's quite a successful treasure hunt. I've got one of those little filigree Spanish galleons. Somehow I never get around to selling it. Mine is not marked but I'm pretty sure it's gold washed alloy silver. That Deco ring is awesome.

Yeah. Its not marked. Tested good for acid. Next time I go to the refinery, if I remember I’ll have him scan iit and see what purity It comes out as. I knew it was silver when i saw it getting out the car. Just from seeing them in antique malls.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good to see you out and about Beach. The gold I found yesterday at a sale was promptly snatched up by the owner and brought back in the house. NSF. Ugh!

That sucks. I try to make them an offer when that happens. Or buy a junk costume jewelry that is bright to not make it looks too obvious. Anything of different color. Haha. Doesn’t always work though. Looks like you still had a good day though!

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Nice shopping spree.:icon_thumright:

silverdollarbill

Aug 27, 2012
Dirty Jerz
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Beachkid....good to see you back out there! Art Deco ring is amazing....my favorite is the ship.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread