billjustbill

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab SN/XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to an estate sale and on the late hour of next to the last day, I bought a "Harvest Right" Freeze Drying machine. I used to know the late 60's aged owner of it by sight and friendly greetings in passing. My wife and I began visiting with him as we passed each other at the local sales. He was also into Solar Power and had just finished a 4KW system just two weeks before he suddenly died....

I bought almost two cords of well seasoned Oak for just $75. Along with my loaded pickup bed, I rented a dual axle U-Haul open trailer for $35 at noon on a Saturday and made two loaded runs between then and 5:00pm Sunday. Brought home almost 2 cords. Around these parts, a cord of Oak, dumped not stacked, is $220.00 or more.

It's the "Mid Size" Harvest Right package containing vacuum pump oil, mylar bags, and an electric strip heat sealer, it also came with the stainless steel cabinet upgrade; all for $275. With shipping, a new one is almost $3,000.00. It's going to be a learning curve, but at this price, one making his own freeze dried foods with his own preferred spices and home cooked flavor seems to be worth it.

Harvest Right™ | Home Freeze Dryers | Freeze Dried Food Storage Home Freeze Dryers

The two days of sales and good finds were only made better by the seasonal weather, sunshine, and unique sights along the way....
Sunday afternoon, the estate sale vendor let us come back for the final load of firewood. On the way out we saw an old pickup having some engine trouble and the hood was up.

We managed to get a picture of us fixing it.....:tongue3:

Attachments

• Estate sale Firewood.jpg
    Estate sale Firewood.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_1782.JPG
    IMG_1782.JPG
    853.9 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_1784.JPG
    IMG_1784.JPG
    825 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_1473.JPG
    IMG_1473.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 163

kenstein

Sep 28, 2012
N.E. Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 , Pro pointer, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on the finds. The local feed store is getting 40.00 for a 1/3 rick on oak firewood, and selling plenty of it. Nice pic doing the Mechanic's Lean. Looks like y'all were in high fashion.:laughing7:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice freeze dryer. If the home version is over 2k I wonder what a commercial unit costs, lol. I long for the day that I may need firewood again. Still in the mid 80's in this hell hole.

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like you had a great day. Congrats on the wood score and the freeze dryer. After you guys looked under the hood of the truck did you ever find the problem?

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good grabs gotta grab em up nice finds

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread