May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked this beat up Rado for $10 on day two of an estate sale. Negotiated it down from the $45 asking price. Thought it was quartz but to my surprise was a 17j mechanical watch. The crown and stem was disconnected and the balance was not moving so I did not think it was mechanical. The minute hand was bent too. I tore it down and cleaned the movement and straightened the hand. Turns out the balance jewel had rotated 90 degrees locking the balance. I was able to turn the balance spring adjuster to realign the jewel and it sprang to life and is keeping great time. I just need to get a new Crystal. Probably 1960s or 1970s vintage. Also got this quartz Fendi for $30. Decent quality watch that I should double my money on. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1551712360.885355.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1551712370.365704.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1551712435.550809.jpg

buzzhead

Sep 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tell me more about the rado? I have one too but not that... I thought the dude was shitting me when he said it was a $150-200 watch because I had it marked $10.. at flea market.. took it in and listed for $75 and it sat for years.. I finally took it down and it’s around here somewhere.

OP
OP
JimDon

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tell me more about the rado? I have one too but not that... I thought the dude was shitting me when he said it was a $150-200 watch because I had it marked $10.. at flea market.. took it in and listed for $75 and it sat for years.. I finally took it down and it’s around here somewhere.

Rado is not too valuable. Some models more so than others. Great watches but kind of quirky styling.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job turn em or burn em

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds! Great savings on the negotiations! :occasion14:

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man your coming up with some decent time pieces one after the other. All I ever see anymore are piles 1990s quartz junk with dead batteries. When I do see something good in a TS they've looked it up and think it's worth full retail. Dang thing is they sell to someone at those prices leaving them the idea to keep on pricing them that way. Well there's always other things to look for that get less attention and marked cheap.

OP
OP
JimDon

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man your coming up with some decent time pieces one after the other. All I ever see anymore are piles 1990s quartz junk with dead batteries. When I do see something good in a TS they've looked it up and think it's worth full retail. Dang thing is they sell to someone at those prices leaving them the idea to keep on pricing them that way. Well there's always other things to look for that get less attention and marked cheap.

Thanks. You should see what I miss. My nemesis scored a Zenith Cover Girl Chronograph Two weeks ago which is about a 10 grand watch

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread