Need Help With Film Related Straight Jacket

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
I went to an estate sale yesterday of a guy that was a huge film buff. He also had a business that involved selling old movies. Tons of really cool stuff including original movie posters. Although I picked up some things I'll do well on most of it was priced higher than I was willing to pay. I took a flyer on this straight jacket. The profit margin was smaller than I like but I figured it might sell for more if I could link it to a movie. It has a Buena Vista logo and reads "Part Of The Magic" across the chest. The date of manufacture is 1993. I know that Buena Vista was a film distribution company associated with Disney. I've googled every combination that I could think of and am coming up with nothing. Hoping someone can help.

IMG_7813.JPG IMG_7814.JPG

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder if it was a promotional item for the movie introduction of a nightmare before Christmas

OP
OP
T

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
I wonder if it was a promotional item for the movie introduction of a nightmare before Christmas

I've never seen the movie & have no idea if a straight jacket has a link to the story line. Looks like it's the right time period.

bigcaddy64

Apr 20, 2013
Fullerton, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It could also be a internal giveaway/crew gift for working on a particular project they made. It’s a pretty common occurrence for the exec producer to have gifts made for the crew after the completion of a particular tv show season/film. It keeps the crew happy and shows appreciation because it’s out of his pocket, not the budget, and it’s usually something that was given lots of thought

It could of been an inside joke or actually related to the film. Still a cool find and hopefully you figure out what it was for

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
I've posted this here and another place & am still stumped on this one. Obviously it's a promo item of some sort. Could be for a film, an internal item, cast gift, conference/trade show item, gift for video stores, etc. I've had several people bring up "The Nightmare Before Christmas" but have absolutely no idea how that ties in.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread