May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw an estate sale advertised as 97 Year Old Pearl Harbor survivor sale. It said it had watches so I made an effort of going there first thing in the morning and was number 10 in the line. I was pleasantly surprised when everyone before me went into the house and left me alone at the jewelry counter. Saw this beautiful stainless steel omega Seamaster from the 60’s for $350. Seems like a good price and I committed to it. I then searched in the case a little more and upside down underneath a proof set was the unmistakable back of a gold colored Seamaster. I had the original strap and buckle and this beautiful sunburst quadrant dial. It was $375. I asked if they would take $500 for both as that was all the money I had and it was a cash only sale. They said no discount so I ended up getting the gold omega which turned out to be 14 karat gold filled. I’m proud to own it as it had once been worn by a Pearl Harbor survivor. I’m going back tomorrow to see if the Stainless Omega is still there and discounted but I doubt it. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1576264154.247729.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1576264165.946436.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1576264173.343795.jpg

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! I don't like the price but if that made you happy then you scored! I went to the Heritage auctions in NYC last week and picked up a Platinum Swatch watch and a Tag Heuer GMT Autavia I didn't like those prices either but I had to have them!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Super Score - Congratulations!:headbang:

artslinger

Jul 19, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful Omega! They were crazy in turning down your $500. Hopefully the other one will be there tomorrow. Good luck.

artslinger

OP
OP
JimDon

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! I don't like the price but if that made you happy then you scored! I went to the Heritage auctions in NYC last week and picked up a Platinum Swatch watch and a Tag Heuer GMT Autavia I didn't like those prices either but I had to have them!

That had to be some serious currency!

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That had to be some serious currency!
I think I rather stole the new n box 1993 solid platinum swatch at 1350.00 The Autavia is very special. Its a rare Pepsi Bezel and the dial is signed Abercrombie and Fitch Only 3 know to remain in the world. To top it it was purchased originally to go Porsche racing and has provenance I go pretty much nuts over anything Porsche. I don't think I got killed but I did shell out north of 12 for it. It s a real beauty

OP
OP
JimDon

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I rather stole the new n box 1993 solid platinum swatch at 1350.00 The Autavia is very special. Its a rare Pepsi Bezel and the dial is signed Abercrombie and Fitch Only 3 know to remain in the world. To top it it was purchased originally to go Porsche racing and has provenance I go pretty much nuts over anything Porsche. I don't think I got killed but I did shell out north of 12 for it. It s a real beauty

WOW that one will NEVER lose value. Money well spent.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Beautiful watch! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread