What Type Of Vase Is This ?

Cariboo5

Oct 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From an estate sale listed as a Chinese incense jar however it is not that. There is a tag on the bottom "OGER BLANCHET" and I found out that
is from an auction house in Paris France. I have emailed them inquiring but so far have not heard back and odds are very good that I will not.
Researching I have not been able to find any thing close to this style, size and color. It would be nice to know exactly what type of vase this is,
when and where it was made. All opinions welcome................Thanks in advance to all...

Oger Pair 1.jpg ... Oger Pair 2.jpg ... Oger 5.jpg

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought a vase with that same shape and little nipple opening. It was cheap at a yard sale and as big as a cantaloupe. It was more cream colored and had the same splattered glaze as yours does. I had it for a couple years and one day I looked at it and wondered what might it go for on ebay, so I listed it with no reserve and it started getting bids right away. I do remember it broke above a hundred bucks and I was thinking what the heck is it. It was signed on the bottom, but I could never make out the signature. One things for sure that vase got noticed and comments of how interesting it was, by those who saw it for the first time when I had it in the house.

OP
OP
Cariboo5

Cariboo5

Oct 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent point tamrock and the reason why I spent time trying to find out the history of the items. They are few & far between but some times one may
have a little gem and not know it. Having come from an auction house in Paris that deals in antiques peaked my interest. Now just need to find out what this is.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread