May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hit an estate sale this morning and was number five in line. I had seen a box of about 10 watches in the photos so I thought I’d give it a shot. I got a little nervous as the number two guy was wearing a very nice Cartier so I thought he might be there for the Watches too. When it opened at 9 AM three of the guys went to the back of the house to the tool shed leaving me in the number two guy but fortunately he was interested in the pottery and art glass. I got first dibs at the watchers and got this Omega Constellation turning fork model a Longines And a mid Century Bulova that has a custom dial with the guys name instead of Bulova. Super happy to get them but unfortunately the omega did not run with a new battery. I immediately sent it off to my AccuTron guy. Paid $40 for all and another $300 to get the omega running but well worth it. 62212811493__39C5895A-4FDB-40E7-972E-B4DB3A292565.jpg

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like that Omega.

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
At one point, I was coming across 2 men’s Omegas a year. Now I only see the women’s models. Going to an auction with a lot of watches and pens this weekend. I’m hoping to be as lucky as you. Those are all nice watches! I think I will divide my Bulovas up and see if they are worth anything

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang last tune fork I had repaired maybe 20 years ago now cost me only $90.00 ... You need to get educated on those JD. Get good at it you could probably quit your regular job.

OP
OP
JimDon

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang last tune fork I had repaired maybe 20 years ago now cost me only $90.00 ... You need to get educated on those JD. Get good at it you could probably quit your regular job.

Yeah I haven’t quite figured out how to service an AccuTron yet. I actually have several that I want to work on including one that is running slow which I think will be the best candidate to work on. I was able to get the Longines running and was fortunate I was able to use a Bulova crown and stem. image-2020-09-20-18:15:00-237.jpg

OP
OP
JimDon

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At one point, I was coming across 2 men’s Omegas a year. Now I only see the women’s models. Going to an auction with a lot of watches and pens this weekend. I’m hoping to be as lucky as you. Those are all nice watches! I think I will divide my Bulovas up and see if they are worth anything

Around my neck of the woods you don’t find watches very often. There are a lot of pickers specifically looking for a Watches and no matter how early I go to yard sales someone has already been there asking for a Watches. Good luck at the auction let us know what you get. Let me know if you need any help with the Bulovas to get them running.

randazzo1

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
New York, NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites (CM 5000, XLT, VX3) and Minelab (Svgn GT & Excal III & Equinox)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

artslinger

Jul 19, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great scores! Any vintage Omega is a great watch. Love that Longines, too. Very classy!

artslinger

OP
OP
JimDon

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great scores! Any vintage Omega is a great watch. Love that Longines, too. Very classy!

artslinger

I am just hoping the guy I sent it to can get it running.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread