IMG_3999.JPG
    180.1 KB · Views: 76

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find,is that a new mantle I see?If you need it you can get a kit to rebuild the pump,it,s not hard to do.I like old coleman stuff.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Probably has thorium laced mantles.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Thorium is no problem. Just don't huff the fumes when firing a new mantle.

Mojjax; Great score!
A tall vent 200A. Bonus if it's not a replacement globe. Still worth a meal if it is a replacement globe unbroken.

Not sure why the pump handle is sticking up.
IF it's pressure forcing it up the checkvalve is stuck. Multiple ways to approach fixing it. Start with the easiest...

I've a modest collection. And some historic family ones including a personal favorite ,my first acquired around 1972 in it's needing repaired state back then, and one of my Dads which was the first I recall using. Used ice fishing at night.

I've parts. And lanterns and power plants and stoves waiting in line.
Your 200A is worth more than a while back. Don't get too inspired by E-Bay though. Japan kinda drives that market. As they have avid collectors willing to pay more than ours here.
Still , yours is worth some bucks for sure.
You could inquire about fuel (white gas) too in case someone drops some off as people tend to do at hazardous waste or waste transfer sites sometimes.
Don'r run modern pump gas. Even in the newer dual fuels. It's crap and will clog the generator up. Let alone what it produces for exhaust.

Congrats. I'd be all happy.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The thorium does not disappear once you burn the mantles. Be sure to wash hands. I have a dosimeter and tested some mantles. They were hot enough to light the unsafe exposure red light. I didn't count the clicks but several per second. The latest guidelines say there is no same exposure limits to radioactivity, but of course sunshine has it. I definitely woukd not store it in my house.

Last edited:
OP
OP
mojjax

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The globe looks original , and yes the pumper is stuck , I have several parts 200A in the cellar . I'll work on it the next rainy day .

Attachments

• IMG_4001.JPG
    IMG_4001.JPG
    165.4 KB · Views: 46

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One thing about these Colemans,you can repair them just about indefinitely.Thorium,we ain,t fraid of no stinking thorium.

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Victor, CO...City of Mines
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been hooked on these darn lanterns for a while. I pick up anything Coleman when I can. That's a really nice one! I sure cherish the ones from my Grandfather.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread