Need Help With Ladies Rolex Value

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
I picked up this ladies Rolex from a high end estate sale yesterday. Serial number look up dates it to 1979. Needs a service and a new crystal. Paperwork indicates the dial was replaced. Links on the band are a little loose. Runs just fine. Came with a Rolex Service box & paperwork. Serial number on the watch matches the one on the paperwork. Prices on eBay for ladies Rolex watches is all over the place. Does anyone have an idea on value?

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_2471.JPG
    IMG_2471.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 331
  • IMG_2472.JPG
    IMG_2472.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 326
  • IMG_2473.JPG
    IMG_2473.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 323
  • IMG_2474.JPG
    IMG_2474.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 324

artslinger

Jul 19, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I picked up this ladies Rolex from a high end estate sale yesterday. Serial number look up dates it to 1979. Needs a service and a new crystal. Paperwork indicates the dial was replaced. Links on the band are a little loose. Runs just fine. Came with a Rolex Service box & paperwork. Serial number on the watch matches the one on the paperwork. Prices on eBay for ladies Rolex watches is all over the place. Does anyone have an idea on value?

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

The links may be 14kt and steel. Do you know if those are real diamonds? If so, that will increase the price. I would put a price as is, not knowing if the diamonds are real or not, at about $2,200. I may be off, but that would be my estimate. Of course once serviced and restored, the price would increase significantly. Good luck.

Thanks.

OP
OP
T

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
I'm reasonably certain the bezel is gold with real diamonds. Not sure about the links in the band. Guess I need to drag out the gold tester. I contacted one of the online Rolex dealers knowing they would low ball because I wanted a bottom line price. They called within 30 minutes of my request for a quote. They said the bezel is not original to the watch and is not a Rolex bezel. They also pointed out that the crystal is cracked, the band is somewhat loose, & it hadn't been serviced in a long time.....all of which I mentioned when I asked for a quote. Then they made a low ball offer that included sending me back the aftermarket bezel. I declined and they contacted me the next day to bump the offer by $200. Their new offer is around 35% of what the sell a very similar watch for with an original bezel.

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would say the value is around $2500. I would expect any wholesale buyer to offer you $900-$1200. Needs a lot of work though.

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Band is shot Bezel is real gold and diamond but not rolex. I think 1200 would be a fair price for this one. Like Jim says, it needs a lot of work and these are soft because the ladies like the mid and full size now.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread