Garage sale Whites Coinmaster 6000/DI Pro series

Nashoba

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2006
Washington and Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace250/Prospecter Bounty hunter(Backup)
I just went to a garage sale and picked up a Whites 6000/DI Pro series detector with the stock coil and a great big 11 0r 12 inch coil as well. It came in a hard case an is absolutely UNUSED. The headphones were still sealed in the plastic bag! Niether coil has a scratch or even any dirt on it. I was absolutely amazed at the condition of the thing. Any idea what it might be worth? I paid $50 so I know I did well. Price on the box was $627 in 1987.
If nothing else I will keep it all packed up and in prime shape for later resale..............but I REALLY want to get out and give it a try. I hear the depth is pretty amazing on these old Whites.
Any input would be awesome

~Nash~

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Sweet find!! Why don't I ever find stuff like that? lol I am not familiar with that model but I am sure it is worth far more than you paid for it and I would be hard pressed to keep it in the bag....would HAVE to go give it a try! lol Congrats my friend! ~hugs~

OP
OP
Nashoba

Nashoba

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2006
Washington and Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace250/Prospecter Bounty hunter(Backup)
Thanks for the post Cyn. I was thinking about putting it all together and giving it a shot today but woke up to a beautiful rainy day here on the coast :tongue3:
Maybe tomorrow?
Who knows. Certainly not the local weatherman. This wasn't supposed to hit till tomorrow!
On the brighter side of thing, I did get a messege saying these amchines were really awesome old machines and still sell for about $350 so I think I will kepp her and give her a try. Maybe she'll do good on the beach AND hunting NUGS!!!!

~Nash~

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
lol same weather here in the high desert today so it is not just the coast. Sad you didn't get to take the machine out.....I knew you would not be able to leave it in the box! rofl I know I couldn't and we are podmates after all! :tongue3: Hopefully tomorrow you will be able to go try it out! :thumbsup:

Hardy

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2006
3RD TENT TO THE RIGHT
Detector(s) used
NAUTILUS DMC 2BA
Primary Interest:
Other
i own one bud, and its a great machine, easy to get to know and the meter is dead on :thumbsup:

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Nashoba said:
I just went to a garage sale and picked up a Whites 6000/DI Pro series detector with the stock coil and a great big 11 0r 12 inch coil as well. It came in a hard case an is absolutely UNUSED. The headphones were still sealed in the plastic bag! Niether coil has a scratch or even any dirt on it. I was absolutely amazed at the condition of the thing. Any idea what it might be worth? I paid $50 so I know I did well. Price on the box was $627 in 1987.
If nothing else I will keep it all packed up and in prime shape for later resale..............but I REALLY want to get out and give it a try. I hear the depth is pretty amazing on these old Whites.
Any input would be awesome

~Nash~
Great buy for sure. I had a 5000 with 8 and 14 inch coil and case sold it all for 50 bucks. I recently borrowed a 6000. The truth is, in my opinion, it does not compare in depth to an Ace 250. Maybe if you were used to the old units maybe you would like it. Best detector back in the day, but I would choose my Ace anyday over an old Whites.

toolman61

May 31, 2008
Nash, great deal!! I found an even older coinmaster6000/D no series for 20.00 at a yard sale. It looks like its seen some use but hey it beeps loud and clear. I've dug metal up in the back yard at 3-4 inches with it. I'm sure these machines will go deeper though. Sounds like yours is brand new and you sure can't go wrong for 50.00! I hope you find lots of goodies with it or like you said resale and make triple or better money back. Goodluck and HH Tom

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This was my first machine. I still have it.

I liked the BFO option. A different search tool.

Good score!

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I suggest to read the manual. I found the 6000/Di to be complicated to use, even though I owned a 5000 coinmaster.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread