The New Garrett Pro-Pointer AT With The Z-Lynk Wireless System Came In Handy Today!

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
orange1.jpg

Finished off some more snow hills this week. I used the GTI 2500 in true all metal mode. It works great! Probably the last snow hunt too, as I have hit most of the hills already, and hopefully, the everlasting snow will disappear. Trying to pinpoint some of the coins in 6" of snow sometimes requires an electric pinpointer. A pretty handy little gizmo, when wearing thick gloves to pinpoint the target. Vibrate isn't the best option, always removing the headset is a pain, but using the wireless headset matched with the wireless pinpointer makes it real simple. I suppose the wireless system might also be good for water hunting and people suffering from certain kinds of neuropathy due to circulation issues or a stroke.

orange3.jpg

Anyhow, the best find was a quartz crystal lying in the snow. Underneath the crystal was a quarter.....go figure??? Those one and two dollar coins really bring up the totals.

dash4cash

Apr 9, 2018
Saukville, WI
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300
Garrett AT max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it is my understanding that the AT pinpointer does not transmit under water, only the vibrate, any clarification would be great as I cant wait to get one myself.

Carl

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No one is going to find $16 in coins in the snow in Canada unless of course they take them from a jar and throw them in the yard. The coins are to pristine to have been dug. Not sure about that pinpointer but the Garrett Carrot is junk.

SittingElf

Feb 25, 2018
Palm Bay, FL, and Air Force Bases in FL and OK
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Equinox 800, Garrett Ace 300 (x2 For Wife and Son), Ground Hawg, Garrett Carrot, Minelab Pro-Find 35, SoundClean9 APTX LL Headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like my carrot, but it's just been reassigned to backup status. I bought the Minelab Pro-Find 35....and LOVE it!

OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
No one is going to find $16 in coins in the snow in Canada unless of course they take them from a jar and throw them in the yard. The coins are to pristine to have been dug. Not sure about that pinpointer but the Garrett Carrot is junk.

You are wrong my friend........I have come home with more then $16.00 from hunting areas where people toboggan, sleigh, snowboard and ski. Coins accumulate in the snow, and as the snow melts in the spring, many are to be found. Add the fact that there are one and two dollar coins in circulation, and you get great totals. Why wouldn't coins be prestine? They have been in a state of "icelation", pun intended!

You are quite clueless on the many activities in cold climates. People don't bunk up in there igloos and wait for spring. And, no, I don't reach for coins in a jar to up my coin finds. Perhaps you might like to try and holiday in one of those areas.......if you could stand the cold that is.

Please, go somewhere else and accuse people of falsifying their results. Trolls are dime a dozen.

Mar 24, 2018
Quad Cities
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max, Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab E-TRAC, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer AT, Garrett Pro Pointer AT w/Z-Lynk, Sunray X-1 Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it is my understanding that the AT pinpointer does not transmit under water, only the vibrate, any clarification would be great as I cant wait to get one myself.

Carl

Carl,

Garrett states that the wireless signal does not transmit through the water, so you have to rely on vibration. Personally I have not tried underwater use with my wireless Pro Pointer AT yet, but I will soon. All other functions on the wireless version are identical to the original Pro Pointer AT. What I love the most is the silent operation externally while still hearing the Pro Pointer tones in my headphones. Plus the price for the wireless model is only about $20 more then the original, although I have both Pro Pointers.

Mike

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread