Help with my Garrett at max

bmcopeland

Feb 19, 2017
Madison Indiana
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went detecting today and did not matter what mode I was in my detector was going crazy. I ground balanced several times tried different areas with different types of ground even tried a Sandy area where people play volleyball. Any suggestions. Even did it while holding it up in open air.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just remember the factory said there are no issues with that detector, so look somewhere else. Sounds like interference but could be a loose coil wire. Turn down sensitivity, move to a different area. Might even try to talk to the person who sold it to you. I know somebody left the ground balance on. If all else fails, read the manual.

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
Turn on, then, press and hold the on button until it dings=factory reset.

builderb1

Jul 11, 2016
nc
Detector(s) used
bountyhunter quickdraw pro
Garrett AT MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
there is a guy on utube named aquachigger that has some good videos on the at max.
Give him a try,hope this helps.

VADirtfisher

Mar 31, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went detecting today and did not matter what mode I was in my detector was going crazy. I ground balanced several times tried different areas with different types of ground even tried a Sandy area where people play volleyball. Any suggestions. Even did it while holding it up in open air.
Try changing your coil. Could be a bad coil. Checkconnections. You can call GARRETT, they are great to heip.

OP
OP
bmcopeland

bmcopeland

Feb 19, 2017
Madison Indiana
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the helpful information. I tried it all called Garrett and they are sending me a new coil.

buck8point

Apr 22, 2018
Iberville Parish, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250 / Garrett AT Max /
Garrett Pro Pointer / Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the helpful information. I tried it all called Garrett and they are sending me a new coil.

Did the new coil solve the problem with your Max. Mine seemed to be a lot better with the new coil they shipped me, then after a week or so, its acting even worse now. I'll be shipping the whole unit back tomorrow. :BangHead:

OP
OP
bmcopeland

bmcopeland

Feb 19, 2017
Madison Indiana
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Received new coil today and still the same. Shipping it off to Garrett.

OP
OP
bmcopeland

bmcopeland

Feb 19, 2017
Madison Indiana
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just seems to pick up ghost signals even in open air and always has a low tone buzz to it

dash4cash

Apr 9, 2018
Saukville, WI
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300
Garrett AT max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hopefully your new unit will be much better, the new one Garrett sent me is great and I like it.

Carl

buck8point

Apr 22, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just Received my Replacement (New) AT Max from Garrett Support. Havent even turned it on yet, but im dying to give it a go.
I cant say enough about how awesome the Garrett Support is, and how quickly they got the replacement Coil, then New Unit out to me overnight.
Keeping my Fingers Crossed..

buck8point

Apr 22, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just Received my Replacement (New) AT Max from Garrett Support. Havent even turned it on yet, but im dying to give it a go.
I cant say enough about how awesome the Garrett Support is, and how quickly they got the replacement Coil, then New Unit out to me overnight.
Keeping my Fingers Crossed..

As luck would have it, I didnt get to even turn on the Replacement AT Max till this evening. Went in my front yard for maybe 10 minutes and dug 3 holes, found 3 copper Lincolns from the 60's. So Far So good... :hello2:

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
3 Cent towards many more to go. Awesome.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions