First Max Water Hunt Today! Ring #4 And Flour Gold Yesterday!

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
h4.jpg

Headed out early this morning. The ice melted on this lake a little over a week ago. It was cold........but the sun was out in full force. I lasted about 3 hours with my chest waders, then headed back home.

h.jpg

I did get a good variety of finds. And.....a little $$$ is always a welcome find. Got to save up for my annual gold coin.

h1.jpg

Here's ring#4, and a vintage PONDS compact.

h2.jpg

Some more vintage finds! A spinner similar to the one shown just sold for $50.00 on a bid, in worst shape then mine. Some poor fellow lost his ignition key to his Chrysler boat many years ago. Poor guy!

h5.jpg

Yesterday I headed down to the river, and spent most of the digging concentrating on getting grass growing on floodplain. Flour gold apparently gets caught in the roots when the river is high. I put it to the test and the rumor is correct. I also sprayed a little diluted dish soap on the areas I was digging, as soap acts as a surfactant, breaking the surface tension of the water, preventing some of that lite gold from floating away.

h3.jpg

I always watch my tailings and larget rocks. I lucked out and dug up a nice size piece of petrified dinosaur bone. A nice addition to my rock collection!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread