The New Garrett Pro-Pointer AT With The Z-Lynk Wireless System Came In Handy Today!

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
orange1.jpg

Finished off some more snow hills this week. I used the GTI 2500 in true all metal mode. It works great! Probably the last snow hunt too, as I have hit most of the hills already, and hopefully, the everlasting snow will disappear. Trying to pinpoint some of the coins in 6" of snow sometimes requires an electric pinpointer. A pretty handy little gizmo, when wearing thick gloves to pinpoint the target. Vibrate isn't the best option, always removing the headset is a pain, but using the wireless headset matched with the wireless pinpointer makes it real simple. I suppose the wireless system might also be good for water hunting and people suffering from certain kinds of neuropathy due to circulation issues or a stroke.

orange3.jpg

Anyhow, the best find was a quartz crystal lying in the snow. Underneath the crystal was a quarter.....go figure??? Those one and two dollar coins really bring up the totals.

mindcrime1988

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2011
Southeast Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus II, DetectorPro Headhunter, BlissTool & Pulsedive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I do not own one of these wireless AT Pro Pointers but was curious if it takes over the sound system once it is turned on? In other words, when the pinpointer is on are you able to swing your coil over a target and hear anything? Can both the pinpointer and detector be used simultaneously?

Plus I heard/read somewhere that the wireless function does not work once the pinpointer goes underwater. I believe the vibration part still works but I'm not sure if the pinpointer will alert(audio) the user via through the headphones.

Have you experienced any of this?

OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
I do not own one of these wireless AT Pro Pointers but was curious if it takes over the sound system once it is turned on? In other words, when the pinpointer is on are you able to swing your coil over a target and hear anything? Can both the pinpointer and detector be used simultaneously?

Plus I heard/read somewhere that the wireless function does not work once the pinpointer goes underwater. I believe the vibration part still works but I'm not sure if the pinpointer will alert(audio) the user via through the headphones.

Have you experienced any of this?

It doesn't take over the sound. It shares the same frequency, and when both are on at he same time, it is not twice as loud.

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the info John and Congrats on those nice finds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread