buck8point

Apr 22, 2018
Iberville Parish, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250 / Garrett AT Max /
Garrett Pro Pointer / Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am totally frustrated by the constant chatter from my Pro. Ive tried all the fixes to no avail. Also not impressed by the depth ive been getting. $550 for that? I run in pro custom, iron at 25, manual ground balance. Ugh!!

When you say Chatter do you mean tones from discriminated targets that should be silent? Cuz Im getting that with my AT Max and its driving me crazy.

dash4cash

Apr 9, 2018
Saukville, WI
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300
Garrett AT max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
buck8point, I see in your profile you have the ace 250, how does that unit sound compared to the at max, as much as I like Garrett they should be giving you a new unit. I have had my new unit about 3 weeks now and everything seems fine, but I keep my fingers crossed.

Carl

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe you can find another AT user in your area who can compare your machine with theirs?

ecmjamsit

Dec 2, 2007
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster GMT, GMII,Whites Sierra Super Trac, Ace250, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Whites Pinpointer,Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Reset?

Try the factory reset. Make sure you do it outside away from any powerlines, cars, houses etc.

OP
OP
cdickrun64

cdickrun64

Nov 12, 2009
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
My eyes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jamsit....thanks!! I think it worked!!

buck8point

Apr 22, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
buck8point, I see in your profile you have the ace 250, how does that unit sound compared to the at max, as much as I like Garrett they should be giving you a new unit. I have had my new unit about 3 weeks now and everything seems fine, but I keep my fingers crossed.

Carl

Thats my next step to compare the 2, and call Support, I believe that replacement is the next option at this point. How did they work you replacement? did you have to send it in, and they sent out a new one, or did they send the new one, with a return label for the original? just curious.

buck8point

Apr 22, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try the factory reset. Make sure you do it outside away from any powerlines, cars, houses etc.

I have multiple times yes, however, it was done inside, so tomorrow im gonna go try it again outside away from everything and just use it with the default settings again just to see, if that makes any difference at all.

ArthurEvans

May 10, 2016
Ulster County, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Ace Apex;
Tesoro Tejón
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was having a lot of trouble with chatter recently on a Cape Cod beach... a combination of "hot" sand and rocks, buried vegetation, salt water, and probably a lot of buried Al can scrap... Can't prove it, but I suspected there was lots of stray EMI from the fishing fleet nearby... I changed frequencies a few times, and kept the sensitivity as low as it needed to be.

The most frustrating thing was getting a lot of clear pings in the high 80's that vanished as soon as I moved the sand. I started kicking away a few inches of sand and checking the signal again before getting out the shovel.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread