Garrett AT Pro headphones completely dead all of a sudden
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Bayoutalker
  • 1 Post By Bayoutalker

Thread: Garrett AT Pro headphones completely dead all of a sudden

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Mar 2020
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Garrett AT Pro headphones completely dead all of a sudden

Had my AT pro for about 2 months, everything has been working fine. Did some detecting in the yard, set unit down to dig a target, when I put the headset back on and powered up the unit, no audio was coming out of the headphones. Restart, reset, nothing. Twisted volume Knobs, nothing. Unplugged headphones, audio coming out of speaker fine. Replugged headphones, making sure to seat tightly, nothing.

Anyone experience anything like this before? I was thinking of purchasing a wireless set, but I’m worried the issue could be on the detector’s input plug.

Headphones are the Garrett brand MS-2's that come with the current AT Pro.
    Last edited by Woodrodius; Apr 25, 2020 at 09:26 PM.

Jul 2013
    1457 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    The original hpís that come with the AT Pro are garbage. Mine lasted about the same time.

Mar 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by Irishgoldhound View Post
    The original hp’s that come with the AT Pro are garbage. Mine lasted about the same time.
    Ok, so you had a pair of MS-2's that broke and replacing them fixed the problem? Meaning it wasn't a problem with the connection on the metal detector house? Thanks for the reply.

us
    Sep 2012
    Highlands, TX
    Garrett AT Pro Minelab Equinox 800 Fisher CZ-21
    229 times
    Is there anyone else close by that could let you try theirs? I have a set that you could try if you are close to East Houston.

I do recommend going with the Garrett Z-Lynk system though. I bought the set with the pinpointer so you hear both the detector and pointer in the phones. It sure is nice not having to take them off when you want to set the detector down. Not having to juggle the cord is nice too.
    DigToChina and BLK HOLE like this.

Jul 2013
    1457 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodrodius View Post
    Ok, so you had a pair of MS-2's that broke and replacing them fixed the problem? Meaning it wasn't a problem with the connection on the metal detector house? Thanks for the reply.
    Sorry I didnít no Ms 2ís are newer hpís. I bought my AT pro almost ten yrs ago so they werenít the ms 2ís that came with it then. I bought the blue water proof ones right after mine broke and Iíve had no problems for almost ten yrs using them. They maybe plain hpís with no volume control and some guys say they are too loud for land use but I love them. If they ever die I may try a pair of Grey Ghost or just buy another blue pair.

Mar 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayoutalker View Post
    Is there anyone else close by that could let you try theirs? I have a set that you could try if you are close to East Houston.

I do recommend going with the Garrett Z-Lynk system though. I bought the set with the pinpointer so you hear both the detector and pointer in the phones. It sure is nice not having to take them off when you want to set the detector down. Not having to juggle the cord is nice too.
    Yeah I bought the Zlynk package last night, which I was wanting to do eventually anyways, Iím just worried about the possibility that the issue is with the detector side of the headphone connection. The speaker works fine and the speaker does shut off when the headphones are plugged in, so it recognizes the headphones as being plugged in. Iím hoping thatís a good sign itís the headset?

us
    Sep 2012
    Highlands, TX
    Garrett AT Pro Minelab Equinox 800 Fisher CZ-21
    229 times
    Even if it is in the plug that should be a cheap repair. I would lean toward a problem in the cable though. It gets pulled around a lot in use. I was always careful of mine and it still got kinked.
    Last edited by Bayoutalker; Apr 26, 2020 at 01:59 PM.
    DigToChina likes this.

Sep 2016
    GTA East, Ontario
    AT Pro, Fisher F2, ProPointer AT
    1463 times
    Metal Detecting
    Same thing happened to me this year. I still bought another set of MS-2 as back up but I couldnít be happier with the MS-3 Z-Lynk.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9167.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	34.0 KB 
ID:	1830571

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links