Used the gti-1500 all day,that was an education.

Deese

Oct 24, 2008
Mebane,NC
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex,Vallon Gizmo,Deeptech Vista Smart,Nexus Coronado,AKA Sorex,Quest X10
I took this thing to a trash site that probably has the most valuble targets in the ground of all the places I go,If you can just get them into the light.I found alot of stuff today,play money with 1885 date on it.That is not even funny! token,spoons,brass hinges,big cannonball like relic that I dont know what it is.The gti which was so calm and controlled in the back yard made quite a bit more noise out there,tons of one way signals.I tried the different programs,and played around with the settings.ended up using too much disc to try and shut it up a little,then realized that was not the way.You have to swing the coil on this thing fast,it will miss if you swing slow.I dont think I like that,There is not always room to swing and with the trash I end up with three targets from one end of the motion to the other.So I dug alot of junk just to clear the way to see if the other signals were good.the machine overloads very easy,screw cap just under the surface will send it into convulsions.I ended up accepting 5 and up on the display in custom sens around 11,light threshold,and cut out the belltone,I set it for single high tone only,when the signal repeats I dug,the single tone did not bother me near as much on the one way signals and falseing.When I got this far I started plowing up targets left and right. I just took an id machine and used it like an audio only machine like I always do.Mental note:Next machine will have no meter or screen.I also must come to terms with myself that I am a relic hunter,not a coinshooter.I cannot leave a large piece of iron in the ground,just cant do it.

ColoradoGoldman

Jul 9, 2009
Falcon, CO.
Detector(s) used
White's MXT 300,Whites Pulse Scan TDI, Detector Pro Pistol Probe
First off you need to drop the Sens down it want hurt the depth that much and for trashy areas use the little 4.5" sniper coil it will eat up trashy areas and the depth is great on it. It is a silver coil monster. I set my Sens down around 7.5 to 8 Max and use the 4.5" coil and get loads of coins and even gold and silver with out trouble. The only way to fly.
HH
C

TxCacheHunter

Sep 23, 2008
San Antonio, Texas Near Sea World
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT and Garrett 2500
If you are running your sensitivity at 11 then that is the main reason you had so much trouble. I run mine at 5.5 to 6 and still get some false beeps depending on how much trash there is. Even at 5.5 sensitivity you will get good penny hits at 8"plus.

Good luck and HH,
Larry

outdoors

Jun 23, 2008
el cajon, california
Detector(s) used
GTI2500, GTAX550, MINELAB EXPLORER SE PRO,
PROPOINTER, GARRETT AT GOLD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
depends on your ground your in sensitivity no more than 5-7 max

CWnut

May 9, 2003
E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Tesoro tigershark----Tesoro Conquistador Umax------Fisher FX-3----Master Hunter CX-Plus w/ depth multiplier
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
try lowering the sensitivity, increasing discrimination to near max and running the coil about 6 inches off the ground. That is what the masterhunter cx+ manual recommends for a trashy area. It also suggests using a 4.5" coil if available

steven64

Aug 4, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are running your sensitivity at 11 then that is the main reason you had so much trouble. I run mine at 5.5 to 6 and still get some false beeps depending on how much trash there is. Even at 5.5 sensitivity you will get good penny hits at 8"plus.

Good luck and HH,
Larry

Looking for this explanation long time ago!!

steven64

Aug 4, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I cannot say much about Used the gti-1500 all day,that was an education as it was there for me to learn and gain some more facts about it as it was always there for us to learn and talk about the main topic of concern for us as well. All of us wanted to talk about dissertation writers for hire as this was really vital for me.

Thanks for share

Last edited:

steven64

Aug 4, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The gti which was so calm and controlled in the back yard made quite a bit more noise out there,tons of one way signals.I tried the different programs,and played around with the settings.ended up using too much disc to try and shut it up a little,then realized that was not the way.You have to swing the coil on this thing fast,it will miss if you swing slow.I dont think I like that,There is not always room to swing and with the trash I end up with three targets from one end of the motion to the other.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread