Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never leave mine in the car at all.. too risky..even if its not seen.. have even heard of those with it in the back seat, locked and they get stolen.

Hosensack

Apr 20, 2007
Mertztown, Pa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Safari,X-Terra 705, Tesoro Tejon, Whites DFX, Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500, 250, Fisher Gold Bug DP,F75 Limited
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are dealing with alot of percision electronic connections etc. which all operate in tune with eachother. Something minor could be compromised by the heat, allowing your detector to appear to work correctly when in fact it is not up to par, and you don't find out until the guy detecting near you covers the area you just did and pulls a diamond ring from a depth of 2" that you never even got a peep from. The likely hood is low, but would you like to waste time working with a faulty detector?

This is pertaining to constant storage, not going out after work and keeping it in the car all day. Those are two different situations altogether, and detectors are...should be built to handle that.

Just my somewhat humble opinion.

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Temp. fluctuations, dust, vibrations are not good for electronic components :violent1:

OP
OP
Swartzie

Swartzie

Mar 15, 2009
Tuscarawas County, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
All very good points. I'm now keeping it in the house.
Thanks for the replies.
-Swartzie

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I live in the desert south west :icon_sunny:. I think, IMO, it is about how often ya get those spur of the moment, hunches, Like Wow I got a hunt that spot and do it now. I Just keep the detector in the vehicle. So far ( knock on wood ) I haven't had any heat related problems with the electronics from storing it in the vehicle.
BUT in cold weather , like around freezing and below . I sometimes have problems with the electronics working , which has to do with the batterys beeing to cold .

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cold can mess up your detector also. kI went on a quick hunt up in Kansas and it was below freezing. My ACE 250 wouldn't sound a note until it warmed up from direct sunlight! I don't know what froze, but something had to thaw out. Monty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions