Garrett Customer Service

MountainFan

Greenie
Jan 24, 2007
Just an FYI to anyone out there who is thinking about a new detector or may be needing repairs from Garrett... They have the best service you'll ever find from ANY company! I spoke with Sue @ Garrett about 2 weeks ago about my detector problems. She said it sounds like a bad coil. 5 years old, so out of warranty. Labor, parts, and return shipping would be around $100. No other choice but to send it in and they would call me with an estimate and for payment information. I sent it out on 7/17. Kept waiting for a call telling me the damage to my wallet, but the call never came. Instead, I was greeted at home yesterday 7/29 by a package from Garrett. They replaced the bad coil, cleaned, recalibrated, and shipped the detector at no charge! I may be new to the hobby, but Garrett has just earned a life-long customer! To anyone who may be deciding which detector is right for them, this quality of service is definitely something you'll want to consider!

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes Garrett does have good Customer service and let me tell you that is hard to find these days. So hats off to Garrett........... Minelab and Fisher sort of scare me away from there detectors now a days and that is because of there service.........

Attachments

• garrettlogo_sm.gif
    garrettlogo_sm.gif
    785 bytes · Views: 1,264
  • garrettlogo_sm.gif
    garrettlogo_sm.gif
    785 bytes · Views: 1,267

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Customer Service tells you just how much the company likes you as a customer. Bad service or no service there are soon no customers.

JohnnieWalker

Nov 30, 2009
Zebulon NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari Teknetics T2
My pro-pointer just died last Saturday on a hunt.
I shipped it to them that day.

Monday, they called me to tell me they received it. How they got it that fast I have no clue.

Tuesday (this morning) they called me to tell me they are shipping me a replacement.

I should have it by this weekend.

No, that is not good customer service, that is knock your socks off unreal customer service!

Garrett Rocks in my book!

Gobpile

Mar 19, 2010
Underground
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX Garrett GTI2000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I needed a user manual for a Garrett and they sent me one in 3 days! They are awesome!

drplaztics

Mar 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350, Tesoro Cutlass II uMax
Sent my 24-year-old Garrett in when it quit on me. They had it back to me within 10 days repaired and recalibrated. This is what builds life-long customers and why I'll always be one.

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Sent my '84 garret back in 1998, went brain dead. Garret turned it around quick and the price was right. Works like a dream and it still produces.

A DIFFERENT VIEW

Tenderfoot
Aug 24, 2010
SOUNDS LIKE GARRETT IS ON THE BALL WITH GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE THATS AWESOME and your right some companies i will not mention do not know what good service is you bought it to bad so sad. But i want to buy a garrett not sure when but i do want to buy one. Has anybody heard about Minelab are they a good company also? Iam interested in the minelab 305 please let me know thanks guys

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Not only do they have excellent customer service, but the machines are built "TOUGH".....that's why I have been a loyal fan for over 15 years.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I started with Garrett detectors about 1982 and then started to use Minelab.. But Garrett has always been there for me and MINELAB HAS NOT ............... So i sold my Minelabs and will not have anything but Garretts again..........I sold my Minelabs before they needed repair and it would take forever to get them repaired and cost a arm & a leg................Sold them when they were still working.................

Attachments

• garrettlogo_sm.gif
    garrettlogo_sm.gif
    785 bytes · Views: 1,134
  • garrettlogo_sm.gif
    garrettlogo_sm.gif
    785 bytes · Views: 1,163

Plug popper

Aug 23, 2010
Mo
Detector(s) used
Garrett GMH CXlll Garrett Master Hunter 10x Garrett master hunter 7x Garrett MH ADS 6 master hunter 5x
Hi. I am new to here but not to detecting. I sent my Garrett in and had the same thing done to it. It had a bad coil as well as needed tune up. They charged me 132.00 which was not bad for what they did to it. I talked to Sue as well and she was very helpfull with all of it. Garrett is a good co and stand behind what they sell. I see folks who don't pay anything and see folks that pay for repair's. I think if you have an older Garrett they may not have parts for it' but they had a new coil to replace the old one for me. So i am thinking being out dated this is why some pay and some don't. All in all you wont find many company's that will take the time to even talk to you not alone repair it for you. That being said Hats off to Garrett for taking care of the littel pepole.

B

Bev

I bought my Ace 150 on Craigslist. I found it out of state and the guy was willing to ship it if I Paypal'd him. With a little faith I did and he shipped it to me. I turned it on and nothing. I called the guy not really thinking what he'd do about it and he dismissed me saying it worked when he sent it and he hung up. Ok, shifted gears and called the Garrett number- she answered on the second ring- no press 1, 2, 9 blah blah blah. I gave her the seriel number and she said send it to her. She replaced it at no charge and I got it back pretty quickly! She took what could have been a real bad experience and turned it into a great one. I know there are other brands as good and maybe better (certainly more expensive) but with Garrett I'm extremely happy. I'd recommend a newbie to start with a Garrett.

ThTx

Dec 19, 2006
Combine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bev, there are definitely other companies out there with machines that are more expensive than Garrett. But, IMHO there are NONE out there any better!

B

Bev

I'm glad, I'd like to find a used Garrett for my son that is a little inexpensive since it'll get bounced around some. No more than $50.00 and I'm sure I'll come across one, it'll just take time. I can't see myself "outgrowing" Garrett and neither will he. (he'll be 9 in 2 weeks) If he learns and gets good with Garrett when he moves on to mine it won't be like learning a new language.

memphisbbq

Tenderfoot
Aug 30, 2012
Memphis, TN
Detector(s) used
ACE 350, Fisher F2, Pro-Pointer 25
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have t agree - Garrett's customer service is fantastic! I sent them my ACE 350 that had started to have erratic behavior. They replaced at least 4 major components on the detector with no charge to me! Thanks Garrett!!

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just an FYI to anyone out there who is thinking about a new detector or may be needing repairs from Garrett... They have the best service you'll ever find from ANY company! I spoke with Sue @ Garrett about 2 weeks ago about my detector problems. She said it sounds like a bad coil. 5 years old, so out of warranty. Labor, parts, and return shipping would be around $100. No other choice but to send it in and they would call me with an estimate and for payment information. I sent it out on 7/17. Kept waiting for a call telling me the damage to my wallet, but the call never came. Instead, I was greeted at home yesterday 7/29 by a package from Garrett. They replaced the bad coil, cleaned, recalibrated, and shipped the detector at no charge! I may be new to the hobby, but Garrett has just earned a life-long customer! To anyone who may be deciding which detector is right for them, this quality of service is definitely something you'll want to consider!

Brad and Sue are AWESOME! Every dealing I have with them is fantastic. Garrett is one dang good company!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just sent my Probe out yesterday for repair.
as Far as I know it's still under Warranty (2 years on Propointers ?)

although it would have been nice if they just shipped me a replacement so my downtime
would be less. Probably be 2 weeks now to hear.

I will let yous Know if I agree :laughing7:

Last edited:

vzhuntrs

Greenie
Aug 28, 2012
addicted in usa
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just received our first Metal detector an ace 250 yesterday. I was really torn as to which to purchase it being our first one, and not really knowing what i was talking about. I'm so glad especially after reading this thread that we purchased the Garrett....

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sending in my master hunter cx plus it lose power and the screen freezes when you first turn it on and it has just no power in discrimination mode. I had some really great find with that detector and I need it up and running so I'm sending it in this week the box loop too. I know Garret will replace any battery pack for free you can't beat that one, and in thought the plug to put in the phone jack when the phone are not present...brilliant..

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog-2012-1st MD.
White's Goldmaster V/Sat-2nd-MD-2013
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I bought a Garret Master Hunter, groundhog series, vlf/tr deep-seeker in excellent condition for $10 at a yard sale.1980-82-with the toggle switch in handle.
But it was missing the Bat cover.
Told this to the lady at Garrett, she said to give her my address, and she would see if they could find one for me. So i said great, and then I asked if they had the screws also. ( ya i know, kinda pushin it).
3-4 days later i had a bat cover,and brand new screws to boot. For free.
Garrett has me for life. Plus there dealers.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions