250 jewelry mode question

Swartzie

Mar 15, 2009
Tuscarawas County, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Gold will hit down around the nickle-pull tab area. I know a person who digs most consistent pull tab signals (on a Whites) and has many gold rings, but they also have dug a whole bunch of trash. The only silver ring I dug hit around the penny-dime area. A bouncing signal from one bar to the next is pretty normal. If it bounces a few bars then it may be junk especially if it's close to the surface. But, deeper objects tend to give a signal that bounces around a bit. If you get a bouncy signal try walking around the object while swinging. It's not uncommon for the signal to change if you stand 90 degrees from where you first were. Sometimes you'll get a consistent signal for two or three swings and then then signal will drop low and then back up for a couple more swings and then low again. At first it may seem like a crappy signal, but it could be something good that is just a little deeper. The best way to tell is just dig it up. Eventually you'll learn what the machine is telling you.

-Swartzie

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
where it "hits" at depends on several factors -- a paper thin 10k mexico made kiddie ring ran up as "foil" on my ace 250 --- adult rings are often --- in the nickle if bigger mens type /class riing type and in tabs if womens size or small mans

OP
OP
metman

metman

Jul 28, 2010
Metamora, IL
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have heard that the signal may bounce. I am getting use to the sounds coins make and know I want to try to learn about the sounds jewelry makes. I have passed up signals that bounce from penny-dime and others thinking they were junk signals. I guess I'll have to start digging those items until I recognize the sounds if I want to find jewelry. I was hoping there was a more consistent signal. Thanks for the advice. Time to dig!! ;D

battlecat

Dec 23, 2004
moosic pa
The best way to find out is dig everything, I stopped doing this with my old cheep detector and guess what I stopped finding gold

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread