Out On The Snow Hills Today....Got More Jewellery (not a ring) And Cold Cash....

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
allqs.jpg

Got up to one degree below zero today.....I was just drenched with sweat when I got home. Hunted for a couple of hours again. I got a cool gold mouse broach, but it wasn't real gold. A nice nitro though. Also got a nice pile of loot. I posted all of my finds today. These were all found in standard mode, zero discrimination with 3/8 notches for sensitivity. Even the tiniest junk bang real hard at great depths with the coil raised about 5" with the sensitivity set at 3 bars.

dognickel.jpg

Here's the best of the best......​

Attachments

• garrettSnowGuy3.jpg
    garrettSnowGuy3.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 229
  • garrettSnowGuy3.jpg
    garrettSnowGuy3.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 228

Reverend B*IKE*

Jan 11, 2009
YOU CON
Detector(s) used
Minelab SAFARI, AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
EH! Are those 2 bullets? With the ground that cold isnt it frozen solid? Whats your method? I try and stick to sandy soils unless we get a little rain and the ground softens up. Nice pettit haul mon frere! More power to you for sticking it out!

OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Reverend B*IKE* said:
EH! Are those 2 bullets? With the ground that cold isnt it frozen solid? Whats your method? I try and stick to sandy soils unless we get a little rain and the ground softens up. Nice pettit haul mon frere! More power to you for sticking it out!

I am hunting hills where kids and adults go down with their toboggans, sleighs, cardboard & snow boards. They often fall, and lose coins and jewellery. Any digger will get the targets out of the snow. The ground is frozen solid under the snow though.

Bullets? No.....My own design for the AT Pro.

Attachments

• bullet 2.jpg
    bullet 2.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 221

cyerby

Greenie
Dec 3, 2010
kansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what's the deal with the bottle caps? I thought the AT PRO was awesome for eliminating them. Did you know they were caps when you dug them?

OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
cyerby said:
what's the deal with the bottle caps? I thought the AT PRO was awesome for eliminating them. Did you know they were caps when you dug them?

I hunt in standard mode, as that is the best mode for my common coinage. I tend to be one of those "dig it all" guys, so I rarely miss a good target. It's not the AT Pro's fault that bottle caps & our one and two dollar coins sound alike. :icon_sunny:

cyerby

Greenie
Dec 3, 2010
kansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh,OK. Well..I have been waiting for a couple weeks now to try my new AT PRO out. There has been too much snow on the ground for me to get out and try it. Tomorrow will be the first week-end since I've had it that the snow will be thin enough to get out there (at least for me). I just need a battery powered, heated digger so I can dig through the frozen turf! Man, I can't wait for it to thaw out!

OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
cyerby said:
Oh,OK. Well..I have been waiting for a couple weeks now to try my new AT PRO out. There has been too much snow on the ground for me to get out and try it. Tomorrow will be the first week-end since I've had it that the snow will be thin enough to get out there (at least for me). I just need a battery powered, heated digger so I can dig through the frozen turf! Man, I can't wait for it to thaw out!

Good luck with your hunt :thumbsup: Hope you come back with some good stories and some good finds.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread