AT pro on the way

dogpound

Sep 24, 2010
southeast PA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030
after reading reviews, askin fellow AT owners questions(thank you all) and calling dealers, i took the leap and ordered the AT pro yesterday. i intended to wait until nicer weather but figured "happy groundhog day ta me" :laughing9: i hope that groundhog is right and its an early spring cause once the wife see's another detector i might be sleeping outside :o

synthnut

Mar 8, 2010
Nyack NY
Congrats on the AT Pro ......Tell the wife that you thought it might be a nice idea for you guys to go detecting together, and you heard that this was an good hobby to enjoy with your wife .....How can she be mad when you are including her in your hobby !!..... ;D ......Jim

synthnut

Mar 8, 2010
Nyack NY
How about the price on this machine is going up $100 in March and it's a hot ticket !!!...You bought it before the increase so that you can find more jewelry for her !!...... ??? ....Jim

OP
OP
dogpound

dogpound

Sep 24, 2010
southeast PA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030
i think i'll just tell her to get back in the kitchen cause i'm goin diggin :laughing9:

JG

Nov 15, 2006
Congrats on the AT PRO.

All you will have to do is bring home a nice ring for your wife. That will put you back into a warm bed and clean sheets like the wedding ring did.

OP
OP
dogpound

dogpound

Sep 24, 2010
southeast PA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030
got the AT today, coil connection and headphone connection took a min or two but wasn't as bad as i expected for a waterproof connection. fired the AT up in the house and it was very stable with no falsing issues :thumbsup: ran thru the modes and really liked the tones in pro mode also the iron audio was very clear and noticable. i thought the AT was balanced well and didn't notice the detector being coil heavy, i'm also used to my heavier GTI so the AT was a welcomed change. recovery speed was very fast and ID'ed the quarter and penny i tossed on the rug very well dispite the nails that are under the rug in the flooring. the only changes i would make to the machine would be a larger display screen, the number ID seemed fine but the notch ID and pinpointing scale were on the small side compaired to my GTI. also the cord on the headphones could be a little longer but once the 1/4 inch headphone adapter comes out that will easily correct that problem. all in all i'm very pleased with the over all package and know this machine will work great. :headbang: now i'm just waitin for the snow ta melt :'(

dtpost

Jan 3, 2011
Florida, Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's MXT,BH
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dogpound said:
got the AT today, coil connection and headphone connection took a min or two but wasn't as bad as i expected for a waterproof connection. fired the AT up in the house and it was very stable with no falsing issues :thumbsup: ran thru the modes and really liked the tones in pro mode also the iron audio was very clear and noticable. i thought the AT was balanced well and didn't notice the detector being coil heavy, i'm also used to my heavier GTI so the AT was a welcomed change. recovery speed was very fast and ID'ed the quarter and penny i tossed on the rug very well dispite the nails that are under the rug in the flooring. the only changes i would make to the machine would be a larger display screen, the number ID seemed fine but the notch ID and pinpointing scale were on the small side compaired to my GTI. also the cord on the headphones could be a little longer but once the 1/4 inch headphone adapter comes out that will easily correct that problem. all in all i'm very pleased with the over all package and know this machine will work great. :headbang: now i'm just waitin for the snow ta melt :'(
Was also looking at the AT Pro for a fathers day gift, sounds like an all around good machine..... Thanks for the post, will be easier to make a decision now! :notworthy:

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the new AT Pro. Your going to love it even more once you get it outside finding stuff. :thumbsup:

TomboyDgr

Aug 16, 2010
Houston Area (north of it in Tomball)
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705 & AT Pro on it's way
I, too, have the AT Pro on order. Actually, I'll pick it up this week (after I pull my finances together). I have a feeling that we're both gonna like the machine — since I've read and heard some great things about it on CoinShootingOnline (my local forum). So, I'm eager to put my hands on it!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread