AT Pro Gets Second (gold) Ring For 2011 Tonite After Work And Owner Gets It Back

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
23gxrwn.jpg

I received a call last evening from a lady who stated she had lost a ring last week. You see, we had so much snow recently, so the city sent out graders to plough the hard packed 10" of snow off the roads. Well, every one ended up with a pile of chunks of the stuff in front of the driveway. This lady went out last week, and was picking up these chunks of now ice, one by one and was chucking them at the end of her driveway on either side. She wasn't wearing any gloves, and at one point realized that her ring must of fallen off her finger from the cold and wet melting snow and ice. I went over to her place after work, and on the second pile of snow I searched, I got a soft repeatable signal in Pro Mode at about a stable repeating 41. I knew it was going to be deep from the audio, so I had her husband use my relic shovel to bust about 12" into this pile of ice and snow. Well, go figure, the signal had disappeared. I put my search coil over the pile of ice fragments from the hole, and in a small piece of ice, there was this silver looking ring. I handed it to her and she screamed with excitement..."that's it!....that's it!" She turned to me and gave me a hug, and I could see a little tear flowing down her face. What a great feeling as many of you know, it is to return a lost ring to the original original owner. I asked her husband to take a photo of the two of us, then headed home to change into some warmer clothes for yet another planned hunt.

2mmibmr.jpg

It was getting cold. The temperature was falling as the sun was setting. I headed over to one of my favorite busy snow hills, hunted for about an hours worth then got just plain tuckered out. It had rained earlier in the week on two different occasions, so the snow has a tough layer of ice to punch through. I managed to find four two dollar coins amongst the other clad which really brought my $$$ totals up. Well, I my wife had called me earlier at work to say she had some steaks waiting, so home I went and really enjoyed a fantastic supper. :)

Attachments

• 95484583845ac0fd61adc6 (2).jpg
    95484583845ac0fd61adc6 (2).jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 201

JG

Nov 15, 2006
You sweetheart!
Good job John. You are the ring king.
Thanks for sharing.

dogpound

Sep 24, 2010
southeast PA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030
great story with a great ending. :headbang:

quick question.....are you using a heat pack over the battery compartment while out in this cold or are short hunts O.K. without it.

OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
dogpound said:
great story with a great ending. :headbang:

quick question.....are you using a heat pack over the battery compartment while out in this cold or are short hunts O.K. without it.

Not at this time.....I am using AA advanced lithium Energizer batteries. They are rated -40C. to +60/-40F. to +140F. and have been doing fine. As a matter of fact, last nite I was hunting in -18C and the battery indicator was showing down one bar. That would be with about 20 hours of all usage in cold temperatures.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread