Upgrading from a CX3 to a AT Pro for $490

JohnnyThunders

May 10, 2005
I have a Garrett CX 3 (It Talks}that I have used only Twice since I guesssss from 1991
I know its kinda outdated but reading that its still a great detector since it has a all metal mode????

I feel if I buy the AT Pro for $490 maybe I will use it if I keep it in my Trunk in the car.(Parks or beach area}
The Garrett 350 Screen looks the same as the AT Pro???
Its great that its waterproof and sand proof and can detect gold?

I have been checking out the
Teknetics,Whites and Fishers top of the lines
I really don't want to spend $900 - $1400 if I don't have too.
Butttt do you good folks think that the AT Pro is as good as the Teknetics and Fisher?
I know the Whites DFX is high tech butttt are all 3 other brands that much higher tech then the New Garretts AT Pro??????
I think for $490 its a great price and will order mine tomorrow...............................JT

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Go to the Fisher forum, check out the quality control issues and finds, then you decide.

From what I have owned from the Bounty Hunter family, Garrett's are built like tanks. As for depth, all things being equal, (coil size, soil conditions, settings) would be comparable to the other top of the line machines, sometimes beating them, sometimes not. No knobs to wear out or seize up if you hunt in cold weather. Nothing to worry about if it falls in the water or starts to rain. Garrett has excellent customer service and is the same company today as it was over 40 years ago, owned by the same people. But.....shop around.

Attachments

• at_pro_international_controls smaller pic.jpg
    at_pro_international_controls smaller pic.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 298
  • at_pro_international_controls smaller pic.jpg
    at_pro_international_controls smaller pic.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 277
OP
OP
J

JohnnyThunders

May 10, 2005
I had a Bounty Hunter Red Baron (Red detector} I bought from
JC Penneys in 1984 and Most if not all looked liked they
were referbs.Many Scratchs on coils.

By reading all the reviews
I feel I will invest $490 tomorrow and order one.
I feel bad for my CX3,well not really.
But since I will have the newest detector maybe I will use it,since it will be in my trucks of the car.
It can't be worst then the Tecnetics line of detectors at a better price..........JT

JG

Nov 15, 2006
The AT PRO is an exceptional value for the performance you get.

I think it is the best bang for the buck.

It is like when the 150 and 250 came out. Both incredible values for performance at a very reasonable price. Those yeller fellows were received so well that Garrett expanded its production facility to meet demand without compromising quality.

dogpound

Sep 24, 2010
southeast PA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030
i think ya made a great choice johnny :thumbsup: I know i did, UPS got delayed and mine will be at my door tomorrow :headbang: gotta love that price :thumbsup:

OP
OP
J

JohnnyThunders

May 10, 2005
Ha Ha Ha
Thanks Dog Pound
If it was not for you,I think I would pass on the detector
Ordering it tomorrow and hope you will have yours tomorrow so
you can play with it.
Spring and better weather will be here soon so I might as well as order one.
And thanks again........I am sure I will use the AT Pro nottt like my old CX3..........JT

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where can you get an ATpro for $490?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread