Curiosity Got Me

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
I no longer have a Ace250,but not having seen or heard anything,I got curious about whether Garrett could modify a 250 into a Ace 350 and approximate cost.I called and talked to the Tech dept and they said no way that it could be done.Not sure I buy that but I'll accept it.Why I even thought about it,I'm not sure.

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Well, you're just an amazingly inventive guy! Probably has to do with motherboard interacting with all the dials and gizmos on it. Nice try, though! - LU, Noodle

Daedalus

Feb 2, 2011
Strafford , Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT / MineLab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would say that the case mounting brackets and the LCD layout is not the same , and by the time you did make it work you could have bought a new higher model . Most of these look like they are custom formed for each model that they make . And I am sure that there are many other items that will make it hard to change over .

batcap

Jun 22, 2010
Baltimore MD
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
It wouldn't be at all the same as an ace 350, but I imagine some daring electronics tech could change the frequency to 15K. I'd think both the notches and the tones would be out of whack, with the bottom 1/3 being given over to iron disc. It would be interesting to see, but not with mine - I've still got 2 yrs warranty left.

OP
OP
warsawdaddy

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
batcap said:
It wouldn't be at all the same as an ace 350, but I imagine some daring electronics tech could change the frequency to 15K. I'd think both the notches and the tones would be out of whack, with the bottom 1/3 being given over to iron disc. It would be interesting to see, but not with mine - I've still got 2 yrs warranty left.
The ACE350 operates on 8.2hz not 15hz.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread