OP
OP
ultraflight77

ultraflight77

Dec 24, 2010
South bend,Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,Tesoro Compadre
Your ranting attitude toward me is getting on my nerves worse than my detector,if you want to hunt with a chattery detector thats your perogitive! Some people have different hunting styles,I know Iknow every forum has to have some crabby old person that has to crash everyones post with shi**y comments! I made this post hoping to hear from others who have sent theirs in and how they liked it when thet got their detector back,thats all!!! End of story!

Terrafisher

Nov 2, 2008
Spring, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ProPointer
I emailed Garrett on my AT Pro also. I got a reply back with a repair authorization to send mine in, and that they will evaluate it, and make any needed repairs absolutely free of charge - all I am paying is the shipping to send it to them. All they want is the control head and coil, so it will easily fit in a USPS flat rate box.

I gotta say, that is GREAT customer service from Garrett! They ARE standing behind their product unconditionally!

Kudos, Garrett!

Edit note: Mine is going off erratically with the slightest movement, and the control panel is flashing and scrolling all over the menus on the readout. It is one of the early december 2010 productions, not the newer february updated models. The tech feels I may have one that needs the new coil and upgraded board installed. The new boards are just as sensitive, all they have done is make some slight modifications in the design for stability. They are NOT being downtuned.

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
I have a story bout my pro. I turn it up to make it all nasty and mean, and maybe, just maybe, I turn it down to make it into a good 'lil puddy tat. Somebody stop me, please!

OP
OP
ultraflight77

ultraflight77

Dec 24, 2010
South bend,Indiana
Detector(s) used
Mine does the same and I bought it around Christmas,I sent mine in monday and should have it back late next week. Gleaner1 does'nt think its a problem,if it was'nt why do the newer production ones not do this? I can't wait to get it back!

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
ultra, my machine does not false and I think I got a hot one, mine is a bit noisy, which takes a bit of getting used to. Or just crank back the sense to quiet it down. Yours must have been one of the machines with coil issues. You are going to be happy with it. Garrett cannot keep up with demand at this time. I will probably have a pouch full of trash for a while, until I nail it. Regards, gleaner.

dogpound

Sep 24, 2010
southeast PA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030
i bought my AT pro the end of jan. and my first impression was everything was fine, took a couple weeks for the snow to clear in my area before i could actually get out. mine was chatty but i just assumed it was the nature of the machine, after about 2 hours on the machine i could tell it was gettin worse, i could lower the sensitivity down to 2 bars and after rockin the coil back and forth it would false so two days later i called garrett and spoke with Brad who asked for the serial number (i guess to check what batch it came from) Brad said just to be safe send it in esp. since the problem seemed to worsen with time. garrett had mine about 7 days and called me explaining how their was a problem and it was corrected. i now have about 5 hours on the AT and have noticed right away its much more stable, i will get the occassional chirp if i scrub the coil against the ground but all my detectors do that. during an air test i get the same proformance as i did before sending it in with no depth loss. my falsing problem wasn't nearly as bad as a few of the video's i've seen but this wasn't my first detector and knew something just wasn't right. now i'm very happy and have the piece of mind that it was looked over by a professional and corrected.

OP
OP
ultraflight77

ultraflight77

Dec 24, 2010
South bend,Indiana
Detector(s) used
Dogpound,did they replace your coil? I had a similar situation,I was snow bound here and did'nt get a chance to use mine up until a few weeks ago thats when noticed mine acting erraticly,I sent the box and coil in monday and it is now at Garrett as I type.At least I'm not alone here. I've been criticized by gleaner1 for sending mine in, he must have a good one,he should just leave it alone at that and be thankfull his is good :dontknow:.I bought mine in late december and I don't know how long the dealer had it before I bought it. There was obviously some that had a coil issue and I'm sure thats why Garrett asked for your serial # because they probly narrowed it down when they were manufactured.But anyways I'm happy to hear your up and running ;D

dalovett

Mar 9, 2011
ultraflight77 said:
Dogpound,did they replace your coil? I had a similar situation,I was snow bound here and did'nt get a chance to use mine up until a few weeks ago thats when noticed mine acting erraticly,I sent the box and coil in monday and it is now at Garrett as I type.At least I'm not alone here. I've been criticized by gleaner1 for sending mine in, he must have a good one,he should just leave it alone at that and be thankfull his is good :dontknow:.I bought mine in late december and I don't know how long the dealer had it before I bought it. There was obviously some that had a coil issue and I'm sure thats why Garrett asked for your serial # because they probly narrowed it down when they were manufactured.But anyways I'm happy to hear your up and running ;D
I am new to this site. Just ordered an AT Pro and Pro Pinpointer from Kellyco. They are back-ordered. I wonder if the one I get will have the fixes done? I guess I will have to wait and see.

Dave

John (Ma)

Silver Member
Jul 12, 2007
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000, Tesoro Silver Umax, Tiger Shark and Whites MXT.
There are plenty of dealers with them in stock now! I am sure one of the smaller sponser dealers would hook you up here with great service! :coffee2:

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
RW and I both have them in stock!

dogpound

Sep 24, 2010
southeast PA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030
ultraflight77 said:

mine must have been a head unit fix, i put a small mark on my coil and recieved my exact same coil back. mine is workin great now :thumbsup:

Mar 11, 2011
I ordered one from Kellyco yesterday too and was also told they were backordered. I hope mine doesn't need to be sent off.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JihadMeAtHello said:
I ordered one from Kellyco yesterday too and was also told they were backordered. I hope mine doesn't need to be sent off.
All of the newer units should be fine. I called a dealer the other day and he gave me the serial number from one of his AT PROS. He said he would hold the unit until I got back to him. I called Garrett, they checked the number and said the detector would be fine. I called and told him I would take it.

micprec

Mar 7, 2011
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro
:hello2: i just tried to order one from keelyco also earlier today and they are backordered. since i live in northern indiana, i dont have access to a local dealer, could someone give me an idea of where i can order one from. would be greatly appreciated, i am new to this and so looking forward to getting out there and starting. thanks. michael

dogpound

Sep 24, 2010
southeast PA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030
micprec said:
:hello2: i just tried to order one from keelyco also earlier today and they are backordered. since i live in northern indiana, i dont have access to a local dealer, could someone give me an idea of where i can order one from. would be greatly appreciated, i am new to this and so looking forward to getting out there and starting. thanks. michael

PM sent :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread