A Simple Yet Effective Technique To Size Your Target Using The AT Pro

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro

Attachments

• at_pro_international_controls smaller pic.jpg
    at_pro_international_controls smaller pic.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 325
  • at_pro_international_controls smaller pic.jpg
    at_pro_international_controls smaller pic.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 326

jjg70

Dec 12, 2010
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250. Garrett AT Pro
Good video, simple idea and I never thought of it thanks. How do u like the AT? Like mine on beach, getting ready for dirt hunt today for first time

OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
jjg70 said:
Good video, simple idea and I never thought of it thanks. How do u like the AT? Like mine on beach, getting ready for dirt hunt today for first time

I have only used mine in the snow, as that's all I have since I got mine. It has found 2 rings, over $70.00 in coins and the usual junk. It has survived hunts down to -25C/-13F, but only the lithium batteries work in that cold. I can't wait till the snow melts. But, as I type this, we already received about 5 inched of snow this morning :coffee2:.

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Michellets,

That is an easy question to answer. Less reflective surface the weaker the signal. So the target will appear smaller and deeper. I read somewhere that depth indication is based on a nickel sized object. So smaller targets read deeper than they are and large objects read shallower than they are. I think the method works with all brand if detectors. I used to do this with my Whites IDX Pro to show size and/or depth in pinpoint mode. Used/use it on all my Minelabs to show size. Good video.

Ed D.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread