Boy Am I Amazed At The Depth With At Pro

Demon_Wolf

Feb 15, 2011
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500, Garrett AT Pro
Went to a local park i hit hard last year with my Garrett Gti 1500 In which I found 1 silver quarter and 18 silver dimes. The deepest coin I found with the GTI was a 1897 Indian Head Cent at 9 inches and the deepest dime i found was at 7 inches but today I found two silver dimes a 1936 Mercury Dime and a 1962 Roosevelt Dime and both where at 8 inches can't wait till all the snow and standing water is gone out of the park so I can hit it hard again this spring with the At Pro!!! Good Luck And Happy Hunting!!!

Attachments

• Hunt 1-2 001.jpg
    Hunt 1-2 001.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 664
  • Hunt 1-3 001.jpg
    Hunt 1-3 001.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 673
  • Hunt 1-2 001.jpg
    Hunt 1-2 001.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 681
  • Hunt 1-3 001.jpg
    Hunt 1-3 001.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 662

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. The AT Pro has a DD coil of a larger size than the GTI 1500 stock coil which is a concentric.

Daedalus

Feb 2, 2011
Strafford , Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT / MineLab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you made some nice finds !
And I bet you find many more in the coming months .

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
The AT Pro meets and beats depth and target separation in many cases against metal detectors costing 2 x as much. :headbang:

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think the secret might be out on the AT Pro.... Lol

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sound like your pinpointing skill aren't the best with the big coil and you dug on side of the target and finally you knock it down in the hole thinking it was deeper than it was. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Demon_Wolf

Demon_Wolf

Feb 15, 2011
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
liftloop said:
sound like your pinpointing skill aren't the best with the big coil and you dug on side of the target and finally you knock it down in the hole thinking it was deeper than it was. :thumbsup:

Ya That's Why Both Of The Dimes Pinpointed On The Scale At 8 Inches!!! ::)

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
whats to say your meter is right. now if you said you found then at 15 inches i would of said wow but you didn't especially with such a big coil that not deep.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
liftloop said:
whats to say your meter is right. now if you said you found then at 15 inches i would of said wow but you didn't especially with such a big coil that not deep.
Sounds like your wife wont let you have an AT PRO.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No wife here, have enough detectors as it is don't really need any more but I'm thinking of may be putting a pulse type in my arsenal.8 inches with that size coil isn't deep.sorry

OP
OP
Demon_Wolf

Demon_Wolf

Feb 15, 2011
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
liftloop said:

I would like to know what metal detector will give you a sold hit on a Mercury Dime at 15 inches?

OP
OP
Demon_Wolf

Demon_Wolf

Feb 15, 2011
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
liftloop said:

How did I know the meter is right, It's a Garrett !!!!!!

BobInFla

Oct 7, 2010
Leesburg, FL
Detector(s) used
1970's model Garrett Master Hunter, AT Pro
Could you provide a little detail of how your took those very nice photos of your 2 dimes?

Michellets

Nov 12, 2006
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Ace 250 Big and Small coils, AT-Pro
Yeah... I gotta agree with you. I have been pulling some coins out at depths that my Ace250 would have missed. I think once you get the Iron disc down, get the right frequency in hard areas with overhead lines, and ground balance automatically, or manually the machine works like a charm!!! I'm luvin it! HH M

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
The pro is very sensitive and it is deep. Just look at the air test data published by Garrett (videos) and also a really good chart by John from Edmonton. It's deep, no argument can be made otherwise. It hits on small stuff like a vacuum cleaner. As with any coil on VLF machines the depth of detection closely matches the width of the coil. My pro hits solid high pitch on silver dimes at 9" in air which is expected in a quality sensitive machine. For the vast majority of serious coin shooters, this is considerably more than adequate. The raw iron stability and spot on audio performance in the trash is the kicker on this machine which perhaps outshines it's depth capabilities. All this and waterproof to ten feet to boot. It's a beautiful blend. It's some of the best.

OP
OP
Demon_Wolf

Demon_Wolf

Feb 15, 2011
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
BobInFla said:
Could you provide a little detail of how your took those very nice photos of your 2 dimes?
Sorry I took so long for me to respond BobInFla, I used my scanner then cropped them and save them to my computer, Then I just uploaded them. I have A HP Photosmart All In One Printer.

zincmaster

Mar 8, 2011
col. ohio
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter quick draw 2 and at pro
Demon_Wolf said:
liftloop said:

Ya That's Why Both Of The Dimes Pinpointed On The Scale At 8 Inches!!! ::)
ive had stuff pp at 8 inches abd its actually just under the surface.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread