First ATPro silver

batcap

Jun 22, 2010
Baltimore MD
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
gleaner1 said:
batcap said:
That is a fine Winged Liberty you got there. It looks like it wasn't in circulation too long before it was lost. I'm still waiting on my first ATPro silver . . . I've had it since 11:30 am today! How long is it gonna take?!?

batcap, I am going way out on a limb here. I will post my second silver before midnight this Sunday. You can do it too. Just do it.
Thanks for believing in me, I plucked a beat up little sterling heart pendant yesterday evening as it rained. The first thing I thought was "Gleaner1 said it would happen, and it did!"

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gleaner knows.

OP
OP
gleaner1

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
n3tuf said:
Gleaner,
That Merc looks uncirculated! How long did you put it in baking soda? Do you mix it in water?

n3tuf, the old-timers (not like you, I mean REALLY OLD) have been telling me about this spot, the late 40's early 50's circus or carnival ground. It took me a few tries but I finally found it. Of the silver I have found, most has been from the forties, a couple from the very early fifties, and maybe one from the teens and I think a couple from the thirties. If silver is found in this spot, it will almost surely be crisp. This is the spot that I almost guarantee to post a silver from before the weekend is out. Baking soda treatment: If I find a burnt (acid rain) silver, common stuff, I make a thick paste of water and the beloved baking soda, and I rub the coin with it for a spell, not too much, just enough to break the oxidation.

I am not being truthful. If I baking soda a coin, I really let 'er have it. I polish it. I can't stop.

OP
OP
gleaner1

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
batcap said:
gleaner1 said:
batcap said:
That is a fine Winged Liberty you got there. It looks like it wasn't in circulation too long before it was lost. I'm still waiting on my first ATPro silver . . . I've had it since 11:30 am today! How long is it gonna take?!?

batcap, I am going way out on a limb here. I will post my second silver before midnight this Sunday. You can do it too. Just do it.
Thanks for believing in me, I plucked a beat up little sterling heart pendant yesterday evening as it rained. The first thing I thought was "Gleaner1 said it would happen, and it did!"

batcap, you did it, I cannot take credit. You and your machine and confidence made that happen. Good work!

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread