Buying a Garret Ace 150 soon.....good first detector?

cryptodave

Aug 25, 2005
Currituck County, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Yes, but I would tell to call your local radioshack and see if they have any Discovery 3300s left in stock. You can pick them up for $112 (normally $299). I think it is on the same level as the ACE 250, and is currently cheaper than the ACE 150.

Good luck!

cryptodave

Aug 25, 2005
Currituck County, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab
You might want to call back and ask if any in the surrounding areas have one, because from my understanding, they will ship from store to store for free.

The 2200 is supposedly a decent machine. I have no experience with it though.

OP
OP
Coinkid

Coinkid

Jul 11, 2006
Sarasota, FL
Well, I need a detector by saturday, so I'm going to go with the 2200...It's on clearance....for 49.97!! ;D

OP
OP
Coinkid

Coinkid

Jul 11, 2006
Sarasota, FL
well, none of the radioshacks in my area currently have the 3300 in stock...and I'm going to Hilton Head SC for two weeks on saturday...I'll be able to go detecting on the beaches while I'm there, so thats why I want to get the detector now....

KinjoVT

Jun 7, 2006
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola, Prizim IV, BHID, GTAX 400, GTA 350, and a few others
It's funny to read this. I was in one of the local radio shacks today and saw all the metal detectors on sale. I was looking at the 3300 but no batteries to turn it on. What are peoples thoughts on this machine is it worth the $111.00? I need a decent back up detector. I have a Garrett GTA 350. I do not like it much. Thanks

KinjoVT

Jun 7, 2006
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola, Prizim IV, BHID, GTAX 400, GTA 350, and a few others
Blackjack,
Thanks for the response. The things I don't like about the 350 are as follows. The loud hum if you are using headphones. I have adjustable ones, but if I turn them down to lower the hum I almost lose the audio that signals a target. I find it takes a lot of time to actually pinpoint the target by "xing" it. I like electronic or VCO pinpointing (sorry first machine has that....spoiled I guess), I have to reset the settings after I turn it off. And the target ID is too vague. I don't seem to hit it off with this detector. What do you like/dislike about the 3300? I did notice it has a pinpoint button on the face. How is that? Does it work good?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread