Practice Practice Practice I Say To Get Good Results
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Mar 2005
    Canada
    Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
    2505 times

Practice Practice Practice I Say To Get Good Results

I picked an elementary school yard to hunt as I figured it would be loaded with pennies and pull tabs. I was right on the money too. The name of the game tonite was to discover how those pull tabs and bottle caps sound compared to coins. After many pull tabs, the audio gave up some secrets...high tone, clear and VDI = +/- @ 75. Pennies were reading 76 to about 83 depending whether they were zinc, Canadian, older Canadian and wheat cents. Bottle caps can read as dimes, however tend to give a smoother signal. Could the wavy edges around a bottle cap create more electronic eddies, picked up by the coil and sounding a little rough? I think so.

I hope to hit a different type of an area soon, with a better ratio of pennies to other clad and hopefully some jewellery.

Oh well.....its all part of a learning curve.

Below are my results..... Oh my aching knees

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	practice.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	191.9 KB 
ID:	521700  
    Wife + 4 kids (no grandkids yet)Orthopedics RN, photagraphy,writer, build electronic gizmos, previous hot air balloon pilot, coin collector for 40 years.

"METAL DETECTING IS A HOBBY AND HOBBIES ARE MEANT TO BE ENJOYED"

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links