ACE 250 and "Cherry Picking"

sandtrout

Jan 27, 2010
ACE 250 and "Cherry Picking"

Was experimenting with "cherry picking" and had notched out everything except segments #4 (nickels) and segments #9 - #12 (dimes, quarters, half dollars, dollars). As you can see, I still dug some of the things that I had notched out (bottle caps and misc metals) because they hit good (even if silent). I was at a park for 2 hours and my wife (God bless her little digging hands!) uses just a screwdriver after watching a video on youtube:

called COINPOPPING

My sensitivity was set at #4 and my swing was overlapped by 50%....after all...I don't want to dig too deep! All my finds were 3" or less.

I've done some extreme cherry picking like I do when I don't have much time and I notch out everything except segments #10 - #12 and found only quarters and a silver bracelet.

Attachments

• ACE 250 Cherry Picking.JPG
    ACE 250 Cherry Picking.JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 387

scaupus

Apr 20, 2011
Not too far from a beach
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: ACE 250 and "Cherry Picking"

sandtrout said:
Was experimenting with "cherry picking" and had notched out everything except segments #4 (nickels) and segments #9 - #12 (dimes, quarters, half dollars, dollars). As you can see, I still dug some of the things that I had notched out (bottle caps and misc metals) because they hit good (even if silent). I was at a park for 2 hours and my wife (God bless her little digging hands!) uses just a screwdriver after watching a video on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58e1XNIoKDE called COINPOPPING

My sensitivity was set at #4 and my swing was overlapped by 50%....after all...I don't want to dig too deep! All my finds were 3" or less.

I've done some extreme cherry picking like I do when I don't have much time and I notch out everything except segments #10 - #12 and found only quarters and a silver bracelet.
that coin-popping is great. our grass is not so tame, st. augustine grass grows by long runners that's all twisted up with other runners it won't pop out nice and neat like that (our bermuda grass will, but that's uncommon down here).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread