Need help with old Garrett Master Hunter ADS I

hobbit

Oct 1, 2010
Just picked up an old Garrett Master Hunter ADS I because I have some friends who are getting into relic hunting and I figure this might be an O.K. starter unit. I have looked on the web for a manual and it is the only ADS that I can't seem to find one for. They are available for the ADS II, III, 4, 5, 7, but I can't find one for the ADS I. Can anyone help me on this one? I would be willing to purchase it. How does the ADS I stack up against, say, the ADS 7? Also, does anyone know if there is a Bloodhound Depth Multiplier that will work with this unit?

Joe(TX)

Aug 21, 2008
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Old School
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
...HOBBITT....If you can not find the Instruction Manual for the Original DeepSeeker ADS I.... then get the Manual for the ADS II...most of this manual will still apply.....just ignore all of the info concerning Motion Discrimination which your detector does not have...This is a great detector it still Rocks...just go slow and overlap your sweeps....make sure that you do not over discriminate...in other words ...make sure that you can pick up the U.S. Nickel......this detector is Unique....with practise...you can tell the deep signals from the shallow ones and basically just go for the older finds.....HH.....Joe

occupant

Tenderfoot
Apr 28, 2011
Hobbit, Download the "ADS Deepseeker - Groundhog" manual. The Deepseeker part covers your detector. At the time it was made, 'Master Hunter' was Garretts name for a two coil package featuring the Deepseeker with a stock coil and one more accessory coil. Take a look at Sven's website here:http://treasurelinx.com/garrett.html
and download the 1981 Garrett catalog, second row down, 2nd from the left. Your machine is in there. And, if you get the time, download the 1978 catalog. There are some good operating suggestions from about page 6 thru page 10.

I used to have an ADS III (probably nothing different than the ADS I except some exterior graphics and a few advertising adjectives) and it was a really deep machine.
HH,
Roger in VA

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
That was a rockin machine I'm here to tell ya,My Father-in-law had the ADSI,I had the DeepSeeker,I sure wish I had one today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Got a lot of Gold and Silver with those machines,Sold it when the Hunt Bros.tried to corner the Silver Market,had 8yrs. worth and you know there was a lot of it around back then!$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

oldsoapy

May 28, 2007
uk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
garret ads 1. plus T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good machine - l am still using mine (from the early 80s) as my back up machine, it still performs well enough to find even the smallest targets. such as Roman minims only .25 inchs.

Attachments

• w74.jpg
    w74.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 740

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread