Nice Old Silver And Retro Finds.....

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
friall.jpg

The last couple of hunts didn't produce a lot of targets, however, there were some nice finds never the less. :) I am really enjoying finding some vintage finds, things which were real popular at one time.

lipstick.jpg

Avon has been around since the late 1800's and became a North America icon, as is even today. Lots of old Avon products are very collectible and bring a nice premium on EBay. I managed to get this miniature Avon "BULLET" style sample for lipstick, going back to the 30's-40's. Avon is stamped on the opposite end of the tube. (not shown)

jpg.jpg

Some old silver is always a welcomed find, and this hunt produced a well worn silver quarter. I also managed one of those good luck key chains, usually available at fairs, where for a quarter, you could punch in whatever you wanted to, as long as the space was available.

And finally, shown below, is a MATCHBOX pipe truck, made in England from the 60"s, a replica of the one I found. A search on EBay showed these going for about $20.00 - $40.00 dollars.​

Attachments

• pipetruck.jpg
    pipetruck.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 192

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
John, any comments on the audio response and depth of that nice old silver? I get eerie high pitched harmonics in the tone when the conductivity gets up there in the silver range. Too hard to describe but it is unmistakable.

OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
gleaner1 said:
John, any comments on the audio response and depth of that nice old silver? I get eerie high pitched harmonics in the tone when the conductivity gets up there in the silver range. Too hard to describe but it is unmistakable.

I get that sometimes too, and when the VDI is in the 80's, I usually get excited :smileinbox:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread